Which stocking should I go with for 20g tall?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

7toes

Reaction score
Dwarf Gourami:
20g_Dwarf_1.png

20g_Dwarf_2.png

Honey Gourami:
20g_Honey_1.png

20g_Honey_2.png

If it were me I would do either option 1 or 3.

Celestial Pearl Danios are fin nippers, and shouldn't be kept with Gourami. The long, delicate feelers of Gourami are especially vulnerable to attack from fin nippers, and once those are damaged they won't grow back and the Gourami will be missing one of its main ways of interacting with their environment. So I would remove the options with Celestial Pearl Danios.

Cardinal Tetras require a pH of 6.5 or lower and soft water to thrive long term. You might want to test your pH and hardness levels and see if they fall within the range of Cardinal Tetras or not, and that can also narrow down options some more. I've found that it is cheaper and easier to keep fish that can tolerate the water you already have.

Neon Tetras usually don't fin nip, but may when kept in smaller schools. So for option 3 I would have the Neons be the larger school to make sure they behave themselves and get 8 of them, and just 6 of the Chili Rasboras.

Last edited:
What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

-------------------
Don't get dwarf gouramis (Colisa lalius) or any of their colour forms because they can carry the gourami iridovirus and or Fish TB, neither of which can be treated. There are plenty of other species of small gourami and they don't normally have these issues.

This is basically the same question as in your earlier thread, here:

It would be better to not have more than one thread on a topic, so that members see what everyone else posts, and in the end you will get better advice.

I'd just keep in mind that a tall tank has less horizontal swimming space. My 55 gallon tall feels more like a 20 gallon to me.

I have locked this thread. Please post replies in 7toes other thread here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back