Which Part Of This Forum Do You Visit Most?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Shelagh just asked which part of the forum you avoid....... (seems to be mostly marines)...

As a spinoff..... Let's ask which part of the forum do you spend most of your time on.....

For obvious reasons..... I am compelled to frequent the competitions, household pets, Gouramies and I also visit Ponds & Goldfish a lot, but most of my time goes into the (3 x) competitions..... where do you spend most of your time???

Most of my time is divided between the emergency section and the welcome section. I think it is very important to welcome new members and help with emergency questions as much as possible.

"Tropical Discussions" and "Bettas"

I haven't been part of this forum for that long but I usually just click on "view new content" from the forum page, and view the threads that "talk" to me. :good:

At the moment its Tropical Discussion and New Freshwater Tank because I'm new however I'm sure that'll evolve like it does with other forums I frequent.

What I do notice is that the forum is very spread out. There are specific sections for specific things which is great if they all have plenty of traffic but if they don't (I don't know if they do or not, I'm just saying in general) then questions might go unanswered or not get as many answers as they could have if they had been in a slightly more general section.

It's something I've noticed on lots of forums over the years as they expand they add new sections which is all a bit of a balancing act. If you add too many at once then only one person ever sees your post in subsection 27 and so you don't come back since you got little or no feedback last time you came. If you have too few then some sections get over crowded and good threads also get little traffic as others will dominate.

As I said, I don't know what sections here get lots of traffic and which don't so I can't say if it's an issue or not. But if there are any sections that maybe only get a couple of new threads a week it might help to streamline those sections in order to get more traffic over each thread and as a result get more posts on each thread.

EG. if I was making a new forum about computer games to go with my brand new site, making separate sections for every console ever made would be a bad idea as each section would get very little traffic. creating one general gaming section and one general off topic section would be the best place to start. Then if it seemed that lots f people wanted to talk specifically about the ZX81 or the PS3 then separate subsections could be made to accommodate. But ONLY when lots of threads keep popping up about those things in the general section.

Tropical Discussion, New world Cichlids and Members Aquarium And Fish Pictures.

:D

Tropical Discussion, Bettas, and New content. I try to help where I can. That's how i learned..people were nice enough to help me :)

Bettas, and view new content. I usually just use the new content and click on the threads that I think will be interesting.

New World Cichlids, Tropical Discussion, Your New Freshwater Tank. I'll stray into the emergencies now and then, and sometimes into other species forums, but not as often as I hang around the mentioned.

Most reactions

trending

Back