Which of my babies is having babies???

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

KatieJCH

Reaction score
Hey guys, Iā€™m new here so forgive me if Iā€™m asking any obvious questions.
I have 2 Angels, 3 Platies, 2 salt and pepper Corydora, 3 panda Corydora, (what I think is) a leopard snail, 3 rabbit snails and a rapidly increasing (unknown!) number of ramshorn snails!
Now thenā€¦ Iā€™ve been at my partners house since yesterday morning and just got home to these white dots on my filter and driftwood. From process of elimination it canā€™t be the rabbits, platies or ramshorns because I know how they lay. My initial theory is that itā€™s the angels but I know this isnā€™t normal Angel laying patterns. They are young (less than a year) and they havenā€™t laid before. Could this just be Fortuna having her first try? I think she was ready to in April but her mate sadly passed away while I was moving house and I think sheā€™s re-mated with the other male. Whatā€™s the likelihood that Iā€™m guessing right?
Thanks for your help in advance!

Attachments

• 83613B27-C259-445A-A5D8-AFB4274A602F.jpeg
    83613B27-C259-445A-A5D8-AFB4274A602F.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 33D88020-A5DB-4AFD-96AC-7B2BA159DB1B.jpeg
    33D88020-A5DB-4AFD-96AC-7B2BA159DB1B.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 63
first one might be a cory
remove the white eggs, they are not fertilised and are going to infect the other eggs with stinky bacteria.
second one might be your "leopard" snail...
i dont know what that is, assuming its a nerite.

The group on the filter look like an Angel spawn to me, but where are the Angels?. The dots on the drift wood are not clear enough to determine.

The group on the filter look like an Angel spawn to me, but where are the Angels?. The dots on the drift wood are not clear enough to determine.
Thinking it was the angels because everything on the filter was gone when I looked this morning! Letā€™s see if they get it right next time šŸ˜Š Hereā€™s a picture of LĆ®r and Fortuna for you

Attachments

• C2BC8FCC-08D1-4BC0-8F21-8ED995B69C7A.jpeg
    C2BC8FCC-08D1-4BC0-8F21-8ED995B69C7A.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 60
first one might be a cory
remove the white eggs, they are not fertilised and are going to infect the other eggs with stinky bacteria.
second one might be your "leopard" snail...
i dont know what that is, assuming its a nerite.
Everything on the filter is gone today.
He is a Nerite, leopard spots so apparently they sold him as a leopard snail

Everything on the filter is gone today.
He is a Nerite, leopard spots so apparently they sold him as a leopard snail
Yeah nerites lay a whole ton of eggs
They only hatch in brackis
I usually scrape mine off and the fish seem to like it very much-protein

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back