Which Is The Best Lighting For My New Tank

deucebrennan

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi folks

I have just decided to convert my Juwel Rekord 70L into a marine tank. I have done lots or research into the best equipment to use in terms of skimmers and pumps, live rock etc. The only question is about the lights. The standard hood only has 1 T8 tube which is no way suitable, so i was thinking that the best way would be with an Arcadia overtank Lumanaire . The 4 tube 60cm version. I am a bit concerned with the heat produced and while there is alot of space in between, it is not all contained like in a hood. I am worried there will be alot of evaporation. I was looking at alternatives but the most suitable one looks to be the Aquabeam 500s. However i cant seem to find much information on them. I ideally would like to retro-fit them into the standard Juwel hood, but i dont know if this is possible. Does anyone have these and how have you fitted them and how many would i need?

Just some exra info: i would like to keep 2 clown fish(tank bred) CUC and maybe 1 other fish but not too worried about that at the mo. i would like the option to grow most hard & soft corals, hence the 4 tube arcadia idea.

What do you think i should do? :unsure:

Retrofitting into a standard hood would be a very bad idea IMO. Like you say, heat would be a killer. Those Arcadia luminaires are first-class though, you'll like it.

Retrofitting into a standard hood would be a very bad idea IMO. Like you say, heat would be a killer. Those Arcadia luminaires are first-class though, you'll like it.

Can i get away with the 2 tube version to grow most corals or do i really need the 4 tube version? I want to keep 2 xyellow-tailed damsel 2 x Percula Clowns & a CUC with as much coral and live rock as i can

If you're into corals, trust me, you'll want the 4-tube :)

I'm pretty sure that the rekord 70 is the same as the rekord 60 with a few extra cm deep?

I've used the arcadia overtank luminaire in the past and i couldn't possibly praise the unit up enough. It gives off a really crisp look and very little temperature.

I'd reccomend this unit to you 100%

the 4 x 24w should do you as Ski said

Hi folks

I have just decided to convert my Juwel Rekord 70L into a marine tank. I have done lots or research into the best equipment to use in terms of skimmers and pumps, live rock etc. The only question is about the lights. The standard hood only has 1 T8 tube which is no way suitable, so i was thinking that the best way would be with an Arcadia overtank Lumanaire . The 4 tube 60cm version. I am a bit concerned with the heat produced and while there is alot of space in between, it is not all contained like in a hood. I am worried there will be alot of evaporation. I was looking at alternatives but the most suitable one looks to be the Aquabeam 500s. However i cant seem to find much information on them. I ideally would like to retro-fit them into the standard Juwel hood, but i dont know if this is possible. Does anyone have these and how have you fitted them and how many would i need?

Just some exra info: i would like to keep 2 clown fish(tank bred) CUC and maybe 1 other fish but not too worried about that at the mo. i would like the option to grow most hard & soft corals, hence the 4 tube arcadia idea.

What do you think i should do? :unsure:
alreet, i've got a juwel tank too (240l) and i did a retro on my hood with 2 aquabeam 500's and they are the muts-nuts! great glimmer effect throu the water with next to no heat from the lights, i did have to take 1 back to my local store as it went out and was talking to the store owner and there is a faulty batch with faulty water-proof seals but apart from that happy days!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back