Which gourami to pick

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Beastije

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I am wondering if gouramis are a good fit for my "south american tank". I know, I would be breaking biotope, but my asian tank is cold water and the SA tank is 26 degrees and they would enjoy the temp more.
120x50x60cm, here is a low light picture before maintenance, one from the back of the tank after the maintenance:

tank.jpg
IMG_0377.JPG

6 remaining hatchetfish, 20 or so dying out ember tetras (oldest inhabitants and by my guess will be all gone within a year), 20 rummynose tetra, 13 sterbai corydoras, 4 bolivian ram that pair up and are not agressve at all and several otocinclus
If gourami is a good option, which and how many?

5x honey gourami, to see their interactions in hierarchy? 1m2f pearl gourami? or just one male pearl gourami?

Thank you

I am wondering if gouramis are a good fit for my "south american tank". I know, I would be breaking biotope, but my asian tank is cold water and the SA tank is 26 degrees and they would enjoy the temp more.
120x50x60cm, here is a low light picture before maintenance, one from the back of the tank after the maintenance:

View attachment 328954View attachment 328955
6 remaining hatchetfish, 20 or so dying out ember tetras (oldest inhabitants and by my guess will be all gone within a year), 20 rummynose tetra, 13 sterbai corydoras, 4 bolivian ram that pair up and are not agressve at all and several otocinclus
If gourami is a good option, which and how many?

5x honey gourami, to see their interactions in hierarchy? 1m2f pearl gourami? or just one male pearl gourami?

Thank you
Gourami's and cichlids are normally classed as a mad mix but the species youve mentioned are all generally peaceful and will occupy different areas of the tank tbf.

Ive had both these gourami in groups but id probably punt for a Trio or group of Honeys in this set up🙂

Tanks looking good by the way 😍

That’s a nice sized tank for Gouramies. Half a dozen or so Honeys or Pearls would like it in there. They’ll be at the top so the Bolivians won’t bother them.

I’d say 1m3f pearl gouramis. I keep them and they have great personality and temperament.

Thank you. The tank is even 60cm high, they should almost never meet. But my bolivian rams are completely docile, never hurt any of my fish, they just chase them away, even when guarding eggs/fry

Bolivian Rams are very peaceful.

After quarantine my pearl gouramis are in the tank. I still hope the other one is a female, not a concealed male, and they are for now working very nicely in the tank. Always in contact, always around each other. Hope it stays that way

Good choice👍 lovely Pearls are and they are a very enjoyable speices to keep.

Ive got a group of 5 with 2 males and they get along swimmingly🙂

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back