Which Filter

Which filter for 37 gallon tank

  • Emporer (Rated for 50g)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penguin (Rated for 50g)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aqua Clear (Rated for 50)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
Which should I get? Which is most reliable?
One more thing. Its going in my room, so quiet is better.
 
I have no idea on those as i'm UK based, but if any are externals then that would get my vote
 
As some looking on the internet, im leaning towards the AquaClear, because it seems more people prefer them for reliability and quietness. Comments still welcome. Thanks
 
Actually i tell a lie, I am familar with the Aqua Clear range, wouldn't really have 1 though
 
Aqua Clear. Amazing, i have never wanted to bash the living crap out of it like my Penguin Filter, and its dead quiet and easy to clean and adjust flow rates. Its probably your best option, plus you have room to add filtration extra's.
 
I really like my penguins, but from my understanding aquaclear is the better brand thou i got mine on sale :yahoo:
 
Well, I changed it up completely. First of all, after going to 4 fish places (both lfs and petco and petsmart), I could not find a single tank in anything between 29 and 55, so I went with the 29. I asked if there would be any 37ish in stock soon and no store said they would. Also, after seeing the kits for only $120 I looked at my different options. I could spend $120 and get basically tank, hood/light, Whisper 30 filter, 100W heater, and bunch of stuff I have. Or for $150 get the same tank, same hood/light, AquaClear 50, and 200W heater. I realized the AquaClear will outperform the Whisper by alot. I also realize the 100W heater is alittle weak. Anyways, I went to a different place and found the same kit for only $90. I had to take it. I mean if the Whisper filter works, then Ill use it, if the heater works Ill use it. If either of the two (or both) fail, I can go out and get the AquaClear 50 for $35 and a 200W heater for $25 and come out exactly as I would without the kit, but with the new net, thermometer, and product samples for free. I figure its a win-tie, becuase I save money If the filter and all works out, and I am even if they both go out. I am still a bit down about not finding a 37 Gallon, but this 29 is better than my 10.
 
seeing hows you have the extra money why not get the extra filter and run them both on the tank, cleaner water is always good and if one fails you have an immediate back up?
 
I was actaully considering that, but instead of a 50, just getting a second 30, but and AquaClear. That way I have the extra filter, but saving a bit of money.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top