Which Corys Do You Have?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pandas, San Juans, melini, arcuatus in 20 usg. Melanotaenia, Brochis splendens, long fin albino peppers in 20 usg with a shoal of harlequin and pork chop Rasaboras. Bronze aeneus, Pulcher variant #3, Virginiea/Sangamas, leucomelas, armatus in 40 usg. Peppered cories in 100 usg planted community tank.

All but the C. melanotaenia and the armatus are in groups of five or more of the same species. Those two species had some problems thriving when first arriving. Oh, yeah, 1 Pulcher variant #3 went AWOL during a major water change to shift tank locations. He escaped to the planted community tank through the hose and has not been yet recaptured to be returned to his family.

3 x Sterbai (breeding trio 1f 2m)
2 x Adolfoi
10 x Albino Aeneus(breeding set)
7 x Pepper Aeneus
5 x Pepper fry (2 month old)
7 x Panda
3 x Venezulan Black
6 x Agassizi
6 x Arcuatus
6 x Atropersonatus
6 x Bronze Aeneus
5 x Nijessni

And the updated.....

6 x Hastatus
6 x Pygmaeus
6 x Schwarzii
15 x Albino Sterbai
6 x Adolfoi (bringing the total to 8)

sorry..i don't have any pictures at the moment.
but i have an albino cory catfish
albino auneous or something close to that..
and i was wondering: do your cories go zooming to the top and jump a little? ..to catch some air maybe?
and how do yo breed them if it is possible?

Tamara, Hi!

Cories do gulp air at the top which they swallow, and it is then absorbed--according to my understanding from Inchworm.

But I always view it as indicatve of the need for a water change when they do that. If you post a new thread below on this board, we will try to answer your questions.

Yeah, they live in extremely slow moving water, so the oxygen levels are very low. They take water from the surface and absorb the oxygen in their digestional tracts. They are bred quite easily and they usually breed in community aquariums if they are kept in good conditions, are well fed, and both sexes are present. Just so you know, the like to be in schools, and keeping at least four is recommended. About your half gallon bowl question, probably the only fish you could keep in there would be a betta, and even he would be uncomfotable. That's a really small space for a fish to live in, even if they can breath air.

5 Corydoras peleatus
IMG_1292.jpg

5 Corydoras aneaus.
IMG_1259.jpg

At least, I think, can't quite remember the exact numbers off the top of my head.

Great fish.

llj :)

I have 4 panda cory's and will be getting more tomorrow :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back