Which Corys Do You Have?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Im so jealous of you all, you have such wonderful cory groups and selections:

Atm all i can find locally are C. Aeneus Bronze and Albino,
Of which i have 3 C. Aeneus Bronze.

I am going to increase my shoal, just holding back on increasing the bioload atm.
Hopefully i can Find some Pandas and Sterbai. I think im becoming more and more a cory addict :p

bought 2 bronze cory's today love them, so much fun to watch specially when they shoot up to grab some air....send all the minnows flying if they get in the way

just bought 2 albino corys 8)

plz plz wot sand is this

[/quote]Panda Corys. < In my avatar.

And these.

Which I've still yet to I.D properly. Bad of me I know.

i soooo need to know and does it hold plants in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and can you have an undergravel filter with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have:

1 bronze (called Shrek)
1 albino (called Haim, which swims round with the bronze)
3 metaes
1 peppered (called NationStreet, who thinks he's a metae)
2 trilineatas
and 1 unknown whojeewotsit (piccie below) looks like a Schwartzi but there's so many types who do...was one of an established pair, but the other passed away last week :(
corydoras.jpg

Now they're all in a 6ft tank I'm wanting some more, probably concolors (gorgeeeeous) and arcuatus. Wont be getting pandas again as bought three recently and all died within 24 hours (params fine). Hubby was told they were dwarf ones, but they must have just been tiny babies. :/

Looks like Corydoras melanistius to me :good:

[
Which I've still yet to I.D properly. Bad of me I know. :D

Looks like a C141 to me with the three lines down the side and the yellowish part in the head and up the front of the dorsal fin

Attachments

• c141_species_large.jpg
    c141_species_large.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 159
After a slow, mysterious drop off of cories (lost about a dozen over the course of a year with no obvious cause), I've bounced back with 10 Panda Cories in addition to the 2 Albinos, Emerald, 2 Schwartz's and 2 trilineatas. I was going to get an even dozen but two died in transport to the shop. Those are going in a species-only 30g for possible breeding purposes.

I only have 4 Peppered Corydoras and I love them dearly, they are so adorable!

I would like to get another 2 for a slightly bigger group. I love watching them swim around together. However I fear the lack of room in my tank, so I will wait until tank numbers lower or till I get a bigger tank, whichever comes first...

I don't know why but I absolutely adore panda cories.
They have a special place in my heart. =)
(I'll post some pictures once my computer is working a little faster!)

Panda Corys. < In my avatar.

And these.
freshwater015.jpg

Which I've still yet to I.D properly. Bad of me I know. :D

He is GORGEOUS ! =D

The corys that need ID'ing are Corydoras Leucomelas, I used to have them (unfourtanetly all three died from and unknown reason) and I thought that they were Schwartzi but did some research and turns out most "Schwartzi" are actually Leucomelas or Melanistus.

i got 2 bronze anenus both 2''and 14 sterbai form 1'' to just over 2''
froom head to base of tail. sterbai are big and i feed them lots and it allways goes, i just give them lots of water changes and keep an eye on water parameters

I have one emerald green cory. :good: Do any of you know about them? The only emerald coloring they have is when they reflect light. Sorry, I have a new tank and no pictures.

I have one emerald green cory. :good: Do any of you know about them? The only emerald coloring they have is when they reflect light. Sorry, I have a new tank and no pictures.

Are you talking about these guys:

IMG_0242.jpg

You can see the 2 bigger ones are Brochis Splendons or commonly known as "Emerald Green" and you can see the smaller one, which is a bronze c. aeneus, also called a "green" cory.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back