Which Corys Do You Have?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

What corys do you have? :unsure: Which are your favorites? :wub:

If you have pictures, please share them with the rest of us cory lovers. :D

______
My corys are listed in my signature. Here are a few pictures of them to start the thread off:

This is Big Mama, a female bronze C. aeneus:

BronzeC.jpg

Black C. aeneus and C. arcuatus (skunk corys):

BlacksandSkunks.jpg

C. seussi:

seussis.jpg

C. axelrodi:

AxelrodiDebut2.jpg

C. aeneus, orange lasers:

Schooloforangelasers.jpg

C. pandas and C. pygmaeus:

pandaspygmaeus.jpg

C. pastazensis:

pastazensis1.jpg

C. wietzmani:

weitzmanimale.jpg
I have som

My C 123 were almost dead when I got them, but I brought them around and the yellow is starting to return. They're my favourites.

My C concolor have fantastic, strange colour to them. They're my favourites.

My cf incolicana have great patterning. They're my favourites.

My C panda are cute, in a tank with C pygmaeus. They're both my favourites.

Scleromystax barbatus are not Corys, but they used to be classed into the group[. They are magnificent larger Coryish fish. They're my favourites.

The punctatum are good. They're my favourites.

I seem to have a problem dissing or ranking any Corys. They're all fascinating beasts.

Hi I've just got two albino corys who seemed to have layed eggs, but I think there both female are they or is one male?

Attachments

• 20230428_123633.jpg
    20230428_123633.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230428_123619.jpg
    20230428_123619.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230428_115545.jpg
    20230428_115545.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230428_115540.jpg
    20230428_115540.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 24
Hi I've just got two albino corys who seemed to have layed eggs, but I think there both female are they or is one male?
most likely a male fertilized her at the pet store.
do you have other cories of the same type?
i also think you should put a layer of sand over that coarse gravel substrate , since the cories might get scratched on there for brushing up against it too long

well I only have 4-5 varieties right now... but the black ones are my favorite cory's right now... I got mine at a 1/2" & they have grown like crazy, which is good, because they are in my barb tank, & the Tin Foils have been growing fast as well... I have 4 of them in this tank...

so far I have...
3 -Corydoras agassizi
3- Albino Corydoras aeneus var.
6- Corydoras sterbai
4-Venezuelan Blacks

Last edited:
nice, do you have any tips for raising it? it seems to be blind
It was hard work! Getting the filter right without sucking the fry in. I think I was using women's stockings over the filter (no joke), someone had advised that. This was about 10 years ago. Getting the feeding right without raising ammonia and nitrite was hard. And making sure the water level was low enough they could come up and gulp that air every now and then!! Phew!!!

It was hard work! Getting the filter right without sucking the fry in. I think I was using women's stockings over the filter (no joke), someone had advised that. This was about 10 years ago. Getting the feeding right without raising ammonia and nitrite was hard. And making sure the water level was low enough they could come up and gulp that air every now and then!! Phew!!!
nice! I've raised cories almost 3 years now, and they are really goofy fish!
because of the loss of guppy fry, I ended up rubber-binding 2 filter sponges to the filter powerhead intake.
if I raise the fry with my sponge filter tank, will they be sucked in?

nice! I've raised cories almost 3 years now, and they are really goofy fish!
because of the loss of guppy fry, I ended up rubber-binding 2 filter sponges to the filter powerhead intake.
if I raise the fry with my sponge filter tank, will they be sucked in?
There are many people more experienced than me to answer this. I am not sure. Good question! You could post it on the corydoras section here :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back