5 normal C sterbai
5 albino C.sterbai
12 C.trilineatus
5 normal C.paleatus
5 albino C.paleatus
6 C.panda
3 C.napoensis
8 C.venezuelas.

Gave away all my C.aeneus (normal and albino) and lost several individuals (C.concolor grrrr ) in the period before my divorce this year. Back to 4 Corytanks instead of the 8 Corytanks I had earlier. Spare tanks stored.

I am surprised at how many people are keeping their Cory's on gravel. To my eye it looks natural. The photos of the Cory's on the bright sand just looks all wrong. The fish stand out way to much for it to be a natural medium for them to be on.

In my time, I've kept many different Cory, on river gravel (smooth stones), even managing to breed some.
My favourites though, just have to be the Pygmy Cory, Corydoras pygmaeus.
They do the standard Cory things, but more besides...they're bold little fish, always exploring and checking out their larger tank mates and exploring all of the tank. Watching a tank with them in, it's like having bees in there. They're out and about singly, in pairs, small groups and, occasionally, en masse, schooling all proper school-like.

(I've now got a tank with both the rounded river gravel and a fairly substantial beach, (which I installed because I was told in no uncertain terms that corys need sand). Whilst they do use the beach, they spend most of their time elsewhere).

DSCN3830.JPG

DSCN3847.JPG

I only like the Emerald types. The albino types are okay too. But I cannot keep them alive so gave up on them ages ago.

DSCF8005.JPG
DSCF8023.JPG

I am surprised at how many people are keeping their Cory's on gravel. To my eye it looks natural. The photos of the Cory's on the bright sand just looks all wrong. The fish stand out way to much for it to be a natural medium for them to be on.

Seems rather subjective, and likely just a case of what you're used to. I don't think these guys look unnatural on the sand at all.

View attachment 143501View attachment 143502

Seems rather subjective, and likely just a case of what you're used to. I don't think these guys look unnatural on the sand at all.
Totally not. Maybe Cory-god Ian Fuller gives a clue why fine gravel / sand is advised.
Something Byron has mentioned and explained several times now but for some reason isn't quite believed or listened to on this topic.

At present, two panda and seven or eight habrosus. The arrival of a 450 litre tank and the fact that I love Cory's means that the numbers and species kept will grow!

Yellow Cory's are great.They are forever climbing the stem plants searching for food,meaning I notice them up in the water a lot.
The concolor Corys are like dinosaurs,with their plated armour and corydoras gomezi are pretty much nocturnal,or at least mines are

Yellow Cory's are great.They are forever climbing the stem plants searching for food,meaning I notice them up in the water a lot.
The concolor Corys are like dinosaurs,with their plated armour and corydoras gomezi are pretty much nocturnal,or at least mines are

I had to look up all three of those since I hadn't come across any of them before, very nice!!
When you say yellow cory, is it C.123?
yellow cory.jpg

Really pretty and different looking! Have now given me a new cory to yearn for that I'll probably never find... lol
If you have photos of yours, please please share! I bet they look so much better against the green of a load of plants

My favorites would have to be Albino cories and Panda cories! The albinos have always been my favorite because of their stark hue and funny interactions with each other, and I love pandas because of their striped markings.

Used to have 8 Albino Cory Catfish, but now unfortunately I'm down to only 1 after a few died to illness and a nitrite spike. 😢 (His name is Rob Zombie). Hoping to get Rob some more friends very soon though!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back