Which Brand Of Live Sand

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

gourami5

Reaction score
Ocean Direct Caribbean Live Sand from CaribSea
OR
Nature's Ocean Bio-Active Reef Sand (they have reef substrate prob CC and reef sand, I am only comparing the reef sand)

Please help me decide which live sand to choose.

And also how is it compared to the live sand (i mean advantage and disavantages) sold at this site.
http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/pr...oot_parent_id=7

Don't buy live sand. Just buy aragonite sand and allow the Live Rock to seed the sand bed :)

Don't buy live sand. Just buy aragonite sand and allow the Live Rock to seed the sand bed :)

I thought about that, but then there is not much of the price difference between the two brands I posted above and just aragonite sand. So I figure I will just go with live sand from the begining. Is there any disadvantages for going with live sand?

Remember that wet sand is heavier than dry sand, so even though the bags may be the same weight and same price you will actually be paying more for the live sand.

Remember that wet sand is heavier than dry sand, so even though the bags may be the same weight and same price you will actually be paying more for the live sand.

Those two brands that I posed are not wet sand. they are dry sand, but said on the bad "live sand"

Most reactions

Back