Wheres all the Algae??!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

that was not my point! the point i was getting at was! dont buy unless you know what you are getting!!

cryosi said:
If you have a large plec in your tank, and you want to add more clown plecs to a 30gal ! why ask if the tank is cycled! sorry but if more people read about what they were buying before they bought the fish home then lfs would not have large plec and other fish for sale from unwanted customers! I dont mean to rude here :sad: :X
If your not meaning to be rude, why say that at all? :/ There is such a thing as Pet Stores giving you the wrong information. And if you asked me, I would have told you that I do not leave my plec to rely on algea for his source of food! I give him algea tabs, shrimp pellets and he particularly likes it when the fish miss a peice of some treat and it gets to the bottom for him. I have done research on them now and know what sizes they can get. Thats why I wanted to go with a clown plec. IMO you need to ask for more info before you start accusing people of selfishly buying fish just to have till its too big then sell. Thats not fair. I was told he didnt get very big, and had perfect accomodations for the size I thought he would be. I posted on here when I found out how big he would get to ask about the clowns for when he is gone. I feel silly getting p/o'd about this since it is only a stupid paragraph on a computer screen from someone I dont even know, but I am and I just wanted to let you kno that you shouldnt jump to conclusions and make people feel dumb for mistakes they make with their fish. :(
as for the actual helpful information you gave me about the clown plecs, thank you. :thumbs:

Tropicalfishfn~ yes my tank is cycled. :nod:

I dont rely on the LFS anymore. They are probably responsible for several deaths in my tank due to bad advice :angry: The local fish store here has a 28 inch cat in a 48x18 tank. Thats tells you how smart they are he can barely move!!

sheesh if i cant read something wrong as the way its written! then its my bad! But i did provide info on the clowns.
Im going to get a lotta grief for this, but
was mentioned so why take it out on me when you know your gonna get a lot of grief! and my info on clown plec's was not grief! i was just stating my opinion, which i did say i was doing on a number of posts!

as for clowns plecs! what filtration do u have?

what temp?

Before someone guts me for having so many fish in that size tank/ I would think they would be a help to my tank as they would clean up some of the mess left by the other fishies!

just a question here! as you seem to known someone would gut you! and give you grief! but mess left by other fish! i dont know what mess you are refering to but you say you keep tank clean! If the fish make a lot of mess then maybe cut down on food! or your filtration is not good enough for the size of tank you have always get bigger than you need ( again my opinion) . and if tis reply takes offense then sorry but dont say you expect grief and someoneot gut you when all was meant was informing someone of advice and general help in some way and expressing my own opinions! if that s wrong then wow! no one would get answers to questions! im not gonna go on as i dont have to explain myself to you or anyone! at present! i am helping out and giving my opinions as others are allowed to so lay off me and take a chill pill!

:/ well first of all In your first post you didnt mention anything about giving me greif for haveing all those fish and the "mess" and so forth. :huh: You basically told me i and anyone else who didnt research a fish before purcchase was wrong and evil and stupid yadda yadda yadda. :S I was telling you not to be so judgemental and harsh about that, not about the greif you didnt even give me! :huh:
getting greif was mentioned so why take it out on me when you know your gonna get a lot of grief! and my info on clown plec's was not grief! i was just stating my opinion, which i did say i was doing on a number of posts! Remember me saying this?? ~~~> as for the actual helpful information you gave me about the clown plecs, thank you. I told you I appreciated the help you DID give me. :flowers: I didnt want to start a whole big thing about this. I will say it again, I just wanted to tell you that you were being very harsh and I know personally that others took offense also to what you said. Thats all. 8)

mess left by other fish! i dont know what mess you are refering to but you say you keep tank clean! I do clean my tank regularly, but come on now, no ones tank is immaculate! I was just referring to the stray flake or pellet that get stuck in the corner or something that sinks and gets missed by the other fish. "Only feed as much as your fish can eat in 5 mins" for flakes and only "As much pellets as can be eaten in an hour". Thats the general rule if I remember correctly. Tell me you dont get ANY build up after a while from your fish thats not poop? :sly: Thats all I meant...

Temp for my tank is about 79-80 F, then I have an undergravel filter and a Whisper filter. Could I get away with having 2 clowns eventually :thumbs: or is 3+ the best way to go? :fun:

rite i have had 3 hours sleep in 24 hours so lets end this now!

as for the clowns simply answer no! the filtration you have in that tank is no where good enough you would need a a much bigger filter, say an internal or a small external capable of 500lph or more for a great filtration to be able to cope with mess that clown make. They can more as messy as bristles noses on a bad day and even worse on a good day! ( don't know why). They ae messy fish, for such a small animal.

Oh by the way the water is plenty warm enough.

You will need more thatn 2 0r 3 clowns to make them feel comfortable in your tank what ever size you get! I would go for at least 4 but ideal would be 6. You may be the ex[ection where no problems occur, but then you may get the raw deal.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back