Where To Get The Right Acrylic Tank For My Living Room Corner

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fish77

Reaction score
Hi,

After long negotiations i have the permission to install a aquarium in the living room. However there are a few conditions:
1. It should be unbreakable and not leaking. 
2. It should fit in the corner max 1.28m (a bit more than 4 ft)on the short sides and 1.81m (6 ft) on the long side

As for the breaking and leaking i guess i need to use an acrylic (plexiglass tank), even i use safety glass the silicon seams still could fail with the time. i am aware that acrylic will scratch but i rather have a scratched tank than a flooded living room.
As for the corner i still searching a suitable shape. Quarter cylinder, delta and pentagon tanks would not work because it would be very difficult or impossible to keep the corner. So i was thinking of either a long hexagon maybe with bowfront with 1.8m (6ft) length and 0.6m (2ft) width. Or a cylinder with 1.2m diameter on a turntable so i could clean the whole tank. i would use a backdrop in the tank. Behind the tank would be some plants in trays most likely orchids to use the full corner.

I live in Switzerland and acrylic tanks are not common here they are only used for very big seawater tanks. Thats the reason i write to this forum as acrylic tanks are more popular n the English speaking world. Are there UK manufacturers which would ship a tank to Switzerland. As shipping will be troublesome i need to be sure the tank is made very well.

The aquarium will be a freshwater with inhabitants from the Malayan Penisula (Malaysia,Singapore,Southern Thailand) i will move my Trigonostigma heteromorpha and pangio kuhli once the tank is set up and cycled in.

Any suggestions on a tank manufacturer as well as the shape and set up would be very welcome.

Greetings Matt

Not acrylic, but the Trigon 190 & 350 are superb tanks. Available with cabinet. Add water, add fish job done.

http://www.juwel-aquarium.de

I have always had glass aquariums and as have many friends, and have never heard of a glass aquarium breaking.

Mine is a CleAir cylinder tank which I believe is Chinese. It's been excellent though, and has never leaked, currently six years old. It can be a bit of a pain to maintain at times as the water is about 1m deep!

@ Ian_m
I was looking at Juwel as I have a tank from them already. However I like to have a larger tank. Trigon 350 has sides of 87cm I like to have sides of 128 cm. I own glass tanks but this one had to be acrylic because of the side and the Location.

@ Chris
I will look closer at cleair. For my dream tank I fear a unique built to order aquarium is needed.

Greets Matt

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back