Where Can You Get A Tank Divider?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fry_forever!

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Do you just make them, or can you get them from a petstore? My friend wants to get one to seperate her betta from her guppies. She has a 30 gallon. Would you have to take the tank measurements?

Thanks! :good:

Do you just make them, or can you get them from a petstore? My friend wants to get one to seperate her betta from her guppies. She has a 30 gallon. Would you have to take the tank measurements?

Thanks! :good:
You should be able to get them form your LFS, but they would be really easy to make.

Plexiglas and drill holes in it.

Sand off all sharp edges.

-FHM

you would have to fibreglass supports to the fron and back to hold them wont you? i was thinking of doing this with perspex with holes drilled along the face to allow water to flow through to the middle where id have the intake but id have to empty the whole tank which i dont see myself doing anytime soon with over 100 cichlids :(.

you would have to fibreglass supports to the fron and back to hold them wont you? i was thinking of doing this with perspex with holes drilled along the face to allow water to flow through to the middle where id have the intake but id have to empty the whole tank which i dont see myself doing anytime soon with over 100 cichlids :(.

Yes, something to hold them in place.

WOW, 100 Cichlids! How big is your tank?

-FHM

Okay, thank you! I'm sure that those "100 cichlids" are just fry, but that's just a wild guess. Thanks for all the help. Will look in my LFS, though they are way overpriced. Do you know the average price for one if I buy it?

I'll see about making one, but I'm only a teenager, so I can't see that happening too soon, unless my dad helps me. :good:

Thanks for all the help! :good:
-fry_forever!

Okay, thank you! I'm sure that those "100 cichlids" are just fry, but that's just a wild guess. Thanks for all the help. Will look in my LFS, though they are way overpriced. Do you know the average price for one if I buy it?

I'll see about making one, but I'm only a teenager, so I can't see that happening too soon, unless my dad helps me. :good:

-fry_forever!

Im only 26 and do loads of DIY mate, make guitars etc. I got a sheet of plaexiglass and measures the tank intenally carefully. Marked out and scored with a stanley knife till it was pretty much all the way thru and gently break apart. If you measure it right it shouldn't need supports the water pressure on both sides holds it in place. Ive got 3 dividers in my tank and they work fine!

-fry_forever!

Im only 26 and do loads of DIY mate, make guitars etc. I got a sheet of plaexiglass and measures the tank intenally carefully. Marked out and scored with a stanley knife till it was pretty much all the way thru and gently break apart. If you measure it right it shouldn't need supports the water pressure on both sides holds it in place. Ive got 3 dividers in my tank and they work fine!
Thank you very much. :good:

I made mine at the weekend & they are much easier to make than the plexiglass, I used plastic canvas which is available in sheets from craft stores for cross stitch & embroidery, I measured the tank, cut it to size & then used plastic A4 binders (cant remember what they are called) but they are plastic triangle shapped A4 length for placing sheets of paper in cost just pence each.

Pop one of those either side & its good to go :good: It cost me about £1.50 per divider.

I made mine at the weekend & they are much easier to make than the plexiglass, I used plastic canvas which is available in sheets from craft stores for cross stitch & embroidery, I measured the tank, cut it to size & then used plastic A4 binders (cant remember what they are called) but they are plastic triangle shapped A4 length for placing sheets of paper in cost just pence each.

Pop one of those either side & its good to go :good: It cost me about £1.50 per divider.

Thank you very much. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back