When To Take Fish Out Of The Holding Tank/qt

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
4,074
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Location
US
I put my new fish in the holding tank about 4 or 3 weeks ago. My cory cats started to die off after aweek. Long story short I treated them I now have just 3 of the 7 i started with. they are ok but not 100%. My red eye tetras never were sick and none died. They seem fine I really want to add them to the big tank but I'm scared.

What do you think?
 
If all fish have been healthy for 2 or preferably 3 weeks I would add them to the main tank. If not, wait a little longer.
 
I wouldnt add the tetras, until the cories are well too and have been clear of anything for 2 weeks minimum.
 
Yeah, I hold off adding the tetras until all fish in the QT are 100% healthy.
The Red Eye Tetra are very hardy species I find - I still have my originaly 8 from two and a half years ago.
 
Ok that's what I thought. I will wait a bit longer thanks.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top