When Harelquins Go Bad

stoneagedinosaur

Fishaholic
Joined
Oct 18, 2009
Messages
441
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
NE Dorset
Morning all

One of my Harleys has become quite aggressive to the point of territoriality. It's quite a big un with a little white bit protruding from it's lower lip.

If it'd stay still long enough, I'd post a picture!

It's chasing off the others and staying in one patch. Is this normal? Is this just a bully? Or something else...
 
I've never known my harlequins to be aggressive,

The white bit on lip doesn't sound right? perhaps if you take a pic someone will be able to help you more.
 
I have never know harlequins to be aggressive either.

The white bit on the lip does it look like strand of cotton.
Does the mouth look bleached out, cotton wool growths on lips.
 
I once had a harlequin with the white bit on the lip, but that cleared in a couple days.
But I haven't dealt with aggression, what size is your aquarium?
 
Tank is 165 Litres and there's lots of room. The white bit is on the bottom lip and getting bigger, protruding from the lip. It almost looks like a grain of sugar about the size of a grain of demerara.

Tried to photograph it last night, but it wouldn't stay still long enough. It keeps opening it's mouth. Don't know if it's cos it's annoyed by the white growth or there's something else going on...
 
Any redness to the spot.
 
Issolate him and try myxazin by waterlife.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top