When Buying Fish...

when ever i have gone to my local swallow aquatics in tenterden i have never been asked and they sold me three gibbi's when i first starting out. but i think in general alot of animals are treated like this, i mean my family has three dogs and we have never been asked are you gunna walk it or do you know how to care for this animal or have you got room for it and these are from semi breeders ( i say semi because they are not farms- eveil places but they are not one off owners selling their unexpected puppis) i feel that more should be done to protect animals of any kind from people just after your money.
 
I know of 3 shops that have asked us about tank size/ tank mates etc. One of them only asks you if it's a fish that might require certain conditions (for example we didn't get asked anything when we bought our male guppies but we got the spanish inquisition when we enquired about dwarf puffers). When I bought my cherry shrimp of ebay the seller emailed me a list of questions before I was allowed to buy them which I was very happy to answer. The local p@h however... well they did tell us to put several fancy goldfish and wcmm in a 35L tank... I think the only potential problem with nice little local hobby shops is that they are bored of the 'standard' fish like guppies etc and so aren't as thorough about checking they are going to the right home.
 
Well, humans have a tendancy of treating animals just as badly as they treat each other. :( It's so sad.
 
It's going to be interesting for me when I start purchasing fish again soon. With my current 70L the stock I've bought from the likes of Swallow in Norfolk have tended to be small and community based, only once I've been asked about my tank.

My 4x2x2 tank should be on order next week so hopefully my livestock will become slightly more interesting...
 
hmmm...what does interesting mean? Do you have any ideas what you want yet?
 
LOL.... the folks in my LFS know me by name, ask how the baby is (also by name). :D

So no... the only questions they ask me are if I had noticed the new (insert new expensive item of choice here).

But they do grill people they don't know. So maybe Im just special. ^_^
 
lol! it's amazing the people you get to meet in this hobby, actually...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top