When am in overstocking?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

sunbot

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Your proberly think well what fish are they so here you go.

11 neon-tetra's
5 xray-tetra's
2 silver tiil tip tetra's
1 red tipped shark
1 bottom feeder

and thats is thank for looking plz leave a reply if you can tell me roughly the answer to my question.

Tank is 15 gallon

30 cm wide
60 cm long
30 cm high

:pepsi: -_- "give me some of your pepsi" "No" :no:

The Shark should be in at least a 20 gallon tank. It also needs something to make its terrotory like a cave. What bottomfeeder is it ? You could class the shark as a bottom feeder. Is it a type of Oto or a Plec or a cory or something else ?

yes m8 i made a cave out of a brand new plant pot so it is clean i don't no what fish my bottom feeder is but i have 1 shark and 1 sucker thing.

what type of filtration do you have? you can sometimes "cheat" the one-inch of fish per gallon rule if you have extra filtration. also, is the 15 uk gal or 15 US gal? slight difference. usually, if you have real good filtration, the bottom feeders don't need to count in the 1 inch rule, so you might be okay stocking wise, but will depend on that unidentified bottom feeder (plecos are real poopers and will muck up the water quickly, so if its a plec, prepare to clean). also you might want to find out exactly what it is. for one, you need to know what to feed it, but also you need to know if its going to get too big for your tank or not..............

Return the shark to your lfs. I would keep the bottom feeder for a while, and if it starts getting really big it is probably a pleco, and you should return it as well.

Your other fish (11 neon-tetra's, 5 x-ray tetras, and 2 silver tip tetras) should be fine in a 15 gallon tank if you are prepared to do frequent water changes (I'd do them one 15% a week if I were you, but you can decide for yourself once you see how your fish are doing.)

You may want to invest in ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate test kits if you haven't already. Test for them in the tank water. If ammonia or nitrites are high you should do more frequent water changes.

Most reactions

Back