Whats Your All Time Favourite Song?

Sweet Child Of Mine is a classic! :good:
I have loads of favourites but my all time has to be Parisienne Walkways by Gary Moore.

I like it at the beginning, when the crowd doesn't know what song it is. Then, when he plays the chord (E9),the crowd realise what song it is and cheer. Thats the best part

Emma

(ps Yes I can play guitar, but only when I cut my nails :lol: )

E9? in hotel california.....

When do they use a ninth chord in the live version?

The chrods are...

[Bm], [F#],[A], [E], [G], [D], [Em], [F#]

or to be technical lol....

[Bm]On a dark desert highway, [F#]cool wind in my hair
[A]Warm smell of colitas, [E]rising up through the air
[G]Up ahead in the distance, [D]I saw a shimering light
[Em]My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim, [F#]I had to stop for the night

Or have i missed summat lol

ps, i play guitar too, whats ya style?

If it's a guns n roses song, then "don't cry"..... but it always seems to make me want to.

lol, no need for them chords, their just confusing the bloody thing lol, just because the single notes played are represented in the 7th and 9th chords etc, does not mean the chord actually has to be a 7th and 9th, certian chord families will not go with each other but can be manipulated with notes to make it possible and vice versa..

Thats just reminded me of most guitar teachers lol, make it simple and earn less money, confuse the situation and make more lol.

ps. The hardest thing about learning to play the guitar, is figuring out how easy it actually is ;)

You can't beat the seventies and eighties rock bands, new bands today are crap and don't come anywhere near to the standards of the 70's great rock bands.

You can't beat the seventies and eighties rock bands, new bands today are crap and don't come anywhere near to the standards of the 70's great rock bands.

Queen rule and forever will :)

[
Best guitar solo ever? lol is that what you call a solo, its basic and full of effects..

You want to listen to a good classic solo and guitar lead all way through, listen to sultans of swing ;)

ps, dont get me wrong though its a great song :)

I do call it a solo and its my favourite!! lol

I love Slash's guitar style/ sound whatever ( I can't play guitar) but listened to Lenny Kravitz last night Felds of Joy and two songs with Slash in and they sound great.

I love the solo in sultans of swing almost as much, love Dire Straits and get the piss ripped out of me in work for that

The chrods are...

[Bm], [F#],[A], [E], [G], [D], [Em], [F#] (quote)

The 7th and ninth chords are The most important part of the song. You play a standard Em chord, and then E9 and tell me which one is used in the song.

Can we agree to disagree. As you know, I love a good debate, but not willing to hijack this post.

Emma

The chrods are...

[Bm], [F#],[A], [E], [G], [D], [Em], [F#] (quote)

The 7th and ninth chords are The most important part of the song. You play a standard Em chord, and then E9 and tell me which one is used in the song.

Can we agree to disagree. As you know, I love a good debate, but not willing to hijack this post.

Emma

Tried both ways and i think if strummed the normal way is best with no ninth and seventh chords..

When i fingerpicked it i found the 7th and 9th chords was a lot better, so i guess both ways are good depending on the style :)

ps, Em standard? - (i think basic is the word u was looking for)
what do you call a E9? not exactly a advanced chord is it lol.

Where eagles dare by Iron Maiden-Reminds me of a good time at college!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back