What’s wrong

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kayla

Reaction score
I have a 10 us gallon tank my tank is currently sick and have lost some fish I thought my ottos were fine but one of them keeps trying to escape the water. My tank is sick with a bacterial infection including fungus tail rot and mouth fungus. What’s wrong

Hi and welcome to the forum :hi:

I’m sorry to hear of your difficulties. Infections such as fin rot are usually a result of poor water quality.

Is there any chance you could provide information on your current stocking, parameters, and how long the tanks been set up?

Best of luck!

I’m sorry to hear of your difficulties. Infections such as fin rot are usually a result of poor water quality.

Is there any chance you could provide information on your current stocking, parameters, and how long the tanks been set up?

Best of luck!
Well unfortunately the Otto died and all that’s left in my tank is a tetra that doesn’t look like he’s going to make it and and an ADF

Did you cycle your tank before adding fish?

Hi, and welcome to the forum! :hi:

What are your water parameters? And how long has the tank been setup? :)

Did you cycle your tank before adding fish?
Hi, and welcome to the forum! :hi:

What are your water parameters? And how long has the tank been setup? :)

Best of luck!
so it turns out my entire tank had sepsis and everyone died I did get medicine but it was too late

Do have any tips on cleaning the tank
Most fish keepers use aquarium salt to disinfect tanks. API is the most recommended brand.

Leave it to dissolve in the water and keep the tank full for 24 hours before rinsing it out. This will ensure any bacteria in the tank is gone.

Good luck.

Most fish keepers use aquarium salt to disinfect tanks. API is the most recommended brand.

Leave it to dissolve in the water and keep the tank full for 24 hours before rinsing it out. This will ensure any bacteria in the tank is gone.

Good luck.
Do I need to clean the plants if so how?

I have a 10 us gallon tank my tank is currently sick and have lost some fish I thought my ottos were fine but one of them keeps trying to escape the water. My tank is sick with a bacterial infection including fungus tail rot and mouth fungus. What’s wrong

so it turns out my entire tank had sepsis and everyone died I did get medicine but it was too late

99% of fish health issues are caused by poor water quality. The following link has information about what to do if your fish get sick. It's long and boring but worth knowing.
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back