What’s wrong with my tetras eye ????

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
603F4438-E938-45EB-9B6C-E4B89DE690F8.jpeg
3E34BE6D-C0AC-45AC-9C9D-CC108B69E3EB.jpeg
Fed my fish this morning and being a Sunday I don’t have work so sat and watched them for a hour and noticed this eye of one of my Colombian Redfin tetra, it’s not effecting him immediately but what is it ? His right eye is normal

How long have you had this guy. It looks a little like a birth defect.
Iv had them a while got to be nearly 6months , I had two that hid and survived my Oscar and after I rehomed him I bought another 6 and the two survivors came out of hiding and joined the group ... iv just never saw something like that before I’m sure he’s not blind in the eye and still has a small black dot in the centre but the outside is like a silver blue like it’s scales are closing in on it .. I haven’t noticed it before but admittedly are overlooked because they are so in your face look at me feed me I tend to look past them and check on more shy less obvious fish , this group are all fully grown and live with a rowdy bunch of cichlids , they are a mob who don’t get messed with really but they love a domestic and yet to have eggs from them so thinking a breeding order hasn’t been established yet and maybe a badly healed injury ??

Lots and lots of plant to get them to spawn. I'm sure that eye has been like that for a while and is nothing to worry about

Lots and lots of plant to get them to spawn. I'm sure that eye has been like that for a while and is nothing to worry about
Your probably right . Il keep an eye on his eye lol

Assuming the eyeball isn't bulging out of the head, the fish is blind in that eye.

Assuming the eyeball isn't bulging out of the head, the fish is blind in that eye.
Hard to see but it looks more flat than bluged

Attachments

• 5E01C417-19DA-495B-9EEB-076EE73A1659.jpeg
    5E01C417-19DA-495B-9EEB-076EE73A1659.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 64

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back