What’s wrong with my Panda Corydoras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jonnyc88

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Noticed a Panda Corydoras swimming this was for last 15 min or so. Looks like it’s trying to surface but can’t.

Looks like some white patches on the body but can be sure. Doesn’t look too healthy to me

Water parameters are ok (0 ammonia, 0 Nitrite and 20ppm Nitrate)

has it eaten ok? how are it's barbels - cant quite make them out on the vid?

has it eaten ok? how are it's barbels - cant quite make them out on the vid?
Not too sure about the barbels. I think it’s eaten ok but have few other Pandas in the tank so can’t be 100%

Best picture I can take at the moment.
7574B780-C655-4018-AAAC-832EF8A62338.jpeg

His belly is very sunken in, I'd be looking at potential internal and maybe external parasites based on the slime coat as well.

Do you have access to General Cure or Praziquantel?

His belly is very sunken in, I'd be looking at potential internal and maybe external parasites based on the slime coat as well.

Do you have access to General Cure or Praziquantel?

I’m on the last day of eSha Gdex treatment which I believe contains Praziquantel.

You may want another round.
What were you originally treating it for? How long and how?

You may want another round.
What were you originally treating it for? How long and how?
Stringy poop in the barbs.
I am planning to start eSha NDX Saturday as it’s the soonest I could.

Hope this poor fish survive the night, it’s almost an hour and it’s still doing it.

Did you get a quarantine tank setup? NC would it be worth putting it in QT? With a lower depth of water and airstone?

If its parasites then ALL the fish have to be treated, as does the tank theyre in.

Many parasites have certain life stages, so its good to do consecutive doses to kill off the resurgence of the next generation.

The going up top to gasp for air, the slime coat, and the presence already of internal parasites, I'd be inclined to think you may be dealing with flukes, which can be a pain in the butt to get rid of. You will need multiple rounds of the prazi to kill them off completely

If its parasites then ALL the fish have to be treated, as does the tank theyre in.

Many parasites have certain life stages, so its good to do consecutive doses to kill off the resurgence of the next generation.

The going up top to gasp for air, the slime coat, and the presence already of internal parasites, I'd be inclined to think you may be dealing with flukes, which can be a pain in the butt to get rid of. You will need multiple rounds of the prazi to kill them off completely
Thanks buddy. I won’t quarantine as it might cause more stress.
I’m actually on the last day of treatment so not sure if I should add more doses.
I did add few drops near the corydoras so hopefully that will help.

So I temporarily switched the filter off to does eSha Gdex and the corydoras was resting at an awkward spot between the output pipe and tank glass. Looked a bit like it’s stuck.

I managed to drip a drop of eSha Gdex directly on the fish and it swam away.

It’s getting late and I have work early tomorrow so need to go to bed. Fingers crossed poor guy survives the night.

I'd double up on the attack and get some Seachem Garlic Guard, soak their food in it. Garlic contains allicin which is scientifically proven to kill parasites.

I'd double up on the attack and get some Seachem Garlic Guard, soak their food in it. Garlic contains allicin which is scientifically proven to kill parasites.
I totally agree on the Garlic Guard. My ich infestation finally died off when I started the Garlic Guard. They do NOT like it one bit. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back