What's new

What’s wrong with my catfish?

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Frank228

Reaction score
Hello this is Draco I’ve had him for about a year now and his stomach is getting pretty big. I’m not sure if he may be a she and is pregnant but I don’t have another catfish in there so I don’t know if it’s just going to lay infertile eggs. Draco is very active and zooms around but the stomach is getting big and I’m getting worried. I’m not sure if maybe it’s dropsy or a bacterial infection? I just did another water change too. I do them weekly to bi weekly. Not sure if I should worry or not but I’m not sure what to do. Please help
2F76FF16-CF50-4969-8355-5084F1EBAF25.png
FB2C160B-AB43-47F5-A778-0D0E0371E4BB.jpegA61099DA-D9F0-4F51-8223-015C14E6348B.jpeg

Hello this is Draco I’ve had him for about a year now and his stomach is getting pretty big. I’m not sure if he may be a she and is pregnant but I don’t have another catfish in there so I don’t know if it’s just going to lay infertile eggs. Draco is very active and zooms around but the stomach is getting big and I’m getting worried. I’m not sure if maybe it’s dropsy or a bacterial infection? I just did another water change too. I do them weekly to bi weekly. Not sure if I should worry or not but I’m not sure what to do. Please helpView attachment 153061View attachment 153062View attachment 153063
Also, welcome to TFF!

Are the scales pineconing (sticking out from the sides)?
What are your parameters? (Ammonia, nitrites, ect)
How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
Can you get better pictures from the sides and top?

I know he’s cute I love him so much!! It’s been like a week I think since I first notice it and it’s grown a little and looks like a puffer belly

Are the scales pineconing (sticking out from the sides)?
What are your parameters? (Ammonia, nitrites, ect)
How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
They are not but I’m pretty sure that catfish are scaleless. I took the water to the aquarium store to get it professionally tested and everything was good. I normally do a 75 percent water change cause the hidden filter gets icky and the drift wood discolors the water and I do it weekly to bi weekly if needed

So I just boil them and plop them in my tank?
Fill a cup with a bit of water. Plop some peas into it and heat in a microwave until it begins to boil. Beware that peas can explode so don't leave the microwave unattended. After that, drain the water, sqish the peas to take the insides. Would probably be best if you break it into tiny pieces and feed! Just don't feed the thin skin of the peas. The catfish might not be used to it at first but give it ago and it might work. If not, tell us.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back