Whats The Point Of Breeding?

Sean W.

Fishaholic
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Claremont California
i was reeding a topic last night and this guy said he lost 250 fry....


if they didnt die, what would he have done with all those fish?
 
basically breeding is a step you want to do in fish keeping, documenting what happen's, selling after for profit is great,or giving them away for free, this is how alot of fish shops deal, keeping prices low for people like you who want to buy fish ;)
also leaving the fish in the wild to revive
 
If local shops won't take them there are always local club auctions & swaps.
 
I get most of my stock from other hobbyists because the rarer livebearers that I like are not available at the LFS, ever. I also sell my breeding surplus because the rest of the club hobbyists have nowhere else to get them. The club auction is an exciting time for me. I take stock of what I have on hand that I would not mind passing along and then go to the auction and look over what is available that I don't already have. My main focus is a group of species called goodeids, but recently I also picked up some Xiphophorus montezumae and some Xenophallus umbratilis at a club auction.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top