What's The Difference?

JustKia

Fish Herder
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Warwickshire, UK
I've tried googling but seems these terms are used interchangeably.
I originally thought Wui referred to the red throated goby, but again I've got both terms coming up.
The goby I'm trying to identify is mostly white/grey with darker markings - for sale as "multicolour goby".
 
Thanks hun =)
Isn't the "wui" red throated goby though? (and thus also the duospilus in that case)
Mine definitely isn't red throated - will keep looking.
 
It could be a female red throated goby,they dont have the red throat at all and seem to be quite dark in appearance and can change colour (my female goes as dark as my bogwood!)
My Male (he has the red stripes along his nose aswell)
100_1013.jpg

The male again
100_1014.jpg

The female, notice she is quite a bit darker than the male.
100_1017.jpg
 
Thanks for posting the pics hun. That's what I thought the wui looked like. But if the duospilus and wui are the same then what I saw for sale as "multicoloured goby" (white with grey markings or light grey with darker grey markings) isn't them.
 
Don't forget that gobies change colour a lot- with wui, only the dominant male tends to show colour and even then may not under stress.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top