Whats suitable for me?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FrAnK3333

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I was looking at hornwart and what does this plant need to live healthy? and also what are some cool plants nice for and 20L gallon and a newbie

I just got vallis plants for my low light 20 gallon tank and some elodea plants.

The vallis are very rich in color. The elodea are very nice too though they would need a bit more light.

I also add an iron enriched solution every week.

thx those are actually plants i like and i plan on getting them, how long have yours been living? also i got a plant once and recieved a couple snails that turned a couple months later to 30 snails any way to prevent this?

My vallis i've had for about a month
I bought 8 plants that were 20-30cm high

I know have 6 new sprouts growing between 1 and 10 cm high

The elodea I've had for 1 week now but they haven't really grown yet.

I'll finish off with some anubias nana in the following weeks, when my elodea have established their roots firmly so they won't go floating when I move the gravel around

As for the snails, I got them too, maybe 10 or so I've found so far. I put a betta in my tank for one day and he got rid of most of them to my surprise. Some people also dip their plants in a 5% bleach solution but I wouldn't try that...

One thing you can also do is squash the snails and your fish will usually eat them.

You could also put a small piece of lettuce in your tank with some gravel over it to sink it. In the morning, just lift the piece of lettuce and throw it away and repeat until you have no more snails!

thx for the the ways to get rid of the snails but is my tank big enought for a betta cause i hate snails too much

Pretty much anything with half a gallon and more is big enough for a betta although 1 gallon should be a minimum.
However, it is better to not put a male betta in a community tank as they are fighting fish and there really is no way to know how your betta will react. If some of the fish have longer fins ressembling those of a betta, your betta will most likely try to kill him.

Bettas are best kept alone in their tank

Take a look over at the Betta boards to see what the betta experts recommend.

I had to take mine out after a day because he bit off a chunk of one of my guppies tail.

Snails are good for tanks, but if you over feed you will get 100's. But there is many ways to get them out and keep them out. Do a google search on killling pond snails.

looking at my signature do i have room for betta or sould i get a small tank and put him in the 20L sometimes?

is it a 20 litre or a 20 gallon?
i'm guessing gallon

I wouldn't recommend the betta idea for the snails as most likely your betta will attack other fish or get attacked by other fish. You will get damaged fins in the end and no guarantee he will eat the snails.

Your best bet it to put lettuce in the bottom of your tank at night and throw it away in the morning. Repeat it for a few nights until you ahve no more snails.

If your fish eat the lettuce, put the lettuce in a bottle and put the bottle in the gravel so the opening is on the same level as gravel and leave it there for a day. Your fish won't be able to reach it, unless they are really small...

Then just empty out the bottle and you have no more snails!

thx for the ways to get rid of the snails i hate them :grr: and i want to the lps and looked at the plants you have in your tank and their pretty nice but i havent bought any yet tommarow i will

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back