Whats In My Tank ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

1234-fishy-freind

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday while i was watching my tank i happend to see a small shrimp skin float past me. I am 99.9% certain that thats what it was as it had the right shape and the feelers and everything. The only shrimp i have in my tank are cleaners and at one point i saw them with eggs. The skin was about 1cm in lenght. Anyone have any ideas as to what type of shrimp i might have in my tank?

thanks

We need digital pix. I often post that part of the list of equipment for setup....should include a digital cam. It really helps. SH

I would put up a pic but i didnt have chance to remove it because when i saw it i reached for the net then a powerhead blew it into the liverock.

No it isnt one of my cleaners, its way to small. Like i said, it was about 1cm, maybe smaller. My cleaners are full size.

Could it be a moult of a pistol shrimp? I have alot of them in my tank without ever seeing them (hear them clicking)

and recently I have seen two opaque coloured shells of shrimp blowing around the tank...

Maybe the molt from a 'pod of some sort. If you haven't seen them before then they look very shrimp like and would be about the right size.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back