What's Happening To My Guppy?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

To be honest - apart from the bloating and the tail he does look too bad - he's not sinking or hanging around near the surface, he's just quite still - has a little swim every now and again and then stays quite still again...

I know he probably won't make it but I'd like to do what I can to try and give him a fighting chance. :sad:

How long should I put the black carbon in the filter for??

What type of filter is it.
Some filters you sandwich it between the sponges.

Um - at the risk of sounding really stupid, I have no idea what kid of filter it is...? :unsure:

It has sponge in it - that much I know! Lol!

It came with the tank so I'm a little clueless??? :blush:

Dosn't it have a name on the filter.
Is the filter the same name as the tank if so what the tank name.
When you open the filter does it have enough room left to add another sponge.

Have just done a water change and had a look in at the filter sponge - there's definitly room for some more sponge - the other half has just gone out for some now and some bacteria meds!

Fingers crossed!!

Ok thats good then.

If you go to bed early run the carbon alnight, then add the med when you get up.
Before you add the med don't forget to remove black carbon from the filter as it will just remove the med from the tank.

Ok so - would it be ok to put the carbon in at say - 10pm tonight and then to remove it at about 10am tomorrow and add the new meds?

12 hours ok??

Yes thats fine.

Great - Thanks again for all your help! :good:

Will update again tomorrow! ;)

I ran the black carbon in the filter over night, removed it this morning and added Interpet Anti Internal Bacteria Med! :good:

The little sick guy (Blueberry) is still hanging in there this morning, he ate some more crushed peas last night and is swimming around this morning!

I still may need to do water changes as I still have a slight trace of ammonia... Is it ok to remove 1/3 water and add 1/3 meds with new water?? :unsure:

Water changes are fine as long as you add the correct amount of med back to water removed.
Good Luck.

Little Blueberry is still with us today - It looks like his tail has stopped deteriorating and he's actually a little more lively now! :good:

He's still bloated though... I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back