What's Happening To My Guppy?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If you already have an airstone running with the filter thats fine.
yes the lfs should have interpet meds most carry them.
Keep us all updated on his progress bless him.
Good Luck.

Ok - will get the meds later on and keep you posted on how he's doing! ;)

Thanks so much for all your help Hun! :thanks:

Just done my second water change of the day, added fin-rot meds, bought a breeding net and seperated the little sick guy and fed them all some squished peas (shells removed)! :)

Fingers crossed it's enough!! :good:

Is it the interpet anti fungus and finrot med as it not a very good med.

Never mind see if it works.
If no improvment in about 4 days I would order the anti internal bacteria med by interpet online

Never mind see if it works.
If no improvment in about 4 days I would order the anti internal bacteria med by interpet online

Oh crap - I picked that one up first!! Lol!

If I don't see an improvement over the next 36 hours I'll run out and grab some on Sunday! :good:

If you do change meds you will have to do a 30% water change and then run some black carbon for half aday, should be longer but don't want to stop meds.

Question - How do I know when he's better?? :unsure:

I'm assuming that the damaged part of his tail won't grow back?? :unsure:

Its hard to say how long it will take.
Chances are that he might not even make it.
Damaged fins to grow back over time.

Tail looks slightly more damaged this morning - I'm sure I've seen some white stringy poo too... -_-

He still looks bloated - as does one of the others now... :(

What should I do today??

Another water change this morning? Will that dilute the meds I've put in? Should I add more? Should I leave off feeding them today?

Long stringy white poo can mean constipation, bacterial infection, internal parasites.
Feed some frozen peas.
Cook peas for a few minutes, let cool down and pop out of shell, mush between fingers into small pieces and add to the tank.
Epson salt baths to help draw the fluids out.
Are scales sticking out.
http://www.lifeforceonline.co.uk/fish_dise...product590.html

No I wouldn't mix anti fungus and finrot med with anti internal bacteria med by interpet.
I would do a 30% water change and run some black carbon for a few hours to get the anti fungus and finrot med out of the tank.
Then add the internal bacteria med by interpet.

Just checked on him this morning - he looks like his tail has deteriorated a little bit more and he's still very, very bloated - even after a fair amount of peas! :unsure:

I'm thinking I need to go get some Anti Internal Bacteria Meds today - but I don't really know what you guys mean when you say "Run black carbon through the filter"?? Can you advise?? Can I buy black carbon at Pets st Home?

Ask the lfs for black carbon.
Black carbon removes meds from the tank.
I use juwel black carbon its a course black sponge.
It only works for about 2 to six days.
You only need it for when removing meds from a tank, using it all the time is a complete waste of money.
Plus you have to replace it every 4 to 6 weeks.

The finrot could be a secondary infection.
To be honest he dosn't sound like he's going to make it bless him.
Is he struggling to keep afloat.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back