What Would You Buy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
So in Prep for Hols in Feb, I have been compiling a List of things to buy while In India.
Last time there were only a few LFS and managed to visit 1 after alot of Searching with my Brother In Law.
Looking at the Yellow pages for where I will be staying there are alot more open now. So choice is alot better.

Last Time I bought loads of fish food. And My Brother In law is Very Interesting in having either a Tropical Pond or large Focal point Tank for the Veranda/Courtyard. Will try and get him to go as Large as possible
icon_wink.gif
icon_lol.gif

So What would you buy.

List So far ( I have 50Kilo baggage allowance - So 1 suitace will be just gifts and stuff).
Bogwood, Driftwood, Vinewood, Java Wood.
Foods
Meds
Glassware - if i can find it
External Filters and HOBS.
Plants
IAL

My friend just got me lots of hair dye :yahoo: what he doesn't realise is that I'm planning to use it on him! ^_^

What are the price differences like?

I would check with HM Revenue & Customs first, particularly for:
Bogwood, Driftwood, Vinewood, Java Wood.
Plants.

as they are likely to be seized and you will loose out.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageLibrary_PublicNoticesAndInfoSheets&propertyType=document&columns=1&id=HMCE_PROD_010869

The pdf document has some info but i think it is best to research a bit more and contact them rather than having it taken off you.

Have a great holiday!

thanks for the info, will check.

Prices are soooooo cheap compared to the Uk. Most livebearers cannot be currency converted as sooo cheap. fish food is very cheap, hikari micro pellets last time were £1 for the large 45g bag.

What about almond leaves for blackwater fish? These are expensive anywhere but there.

Equipment: I always bring filters and heaters from China. They are about 1/3 of the price here in Mexico.

I know I shouldn't but I have also brought live fish from the Netherlands. Works out fine if you put them in double bags with enough oxygen. If you want to bring wood, let it soak overnight in water with some chloride. In this case you will be sure you don't bring any unwanted guests.

What about almond leaves for blackwater fish? These are expensive anywhere but there.

Equipment: I always bring filters and heaters from China. They are about 1/3 of the price here in Mexico.

I know I shouldn't but I have also brought live fish from the Netherlands. Works out fine if you put them in double bags with enough oxygen. If you want to bring wood, let it soak overnight in water with some chloride. In this case you will be sure you don't bring any unwanted guests.

Yeah these I want, Last time Could not find any, but have a longer time time look around.
I can't see wood being a prob, as always bring back carvings and carved animals.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back