VickiandKev
Fishaholic
I have just recently upgraded my tank from a 100L to a 260L 4ft x 2ft x 16in tank and it looks pitifully empty lol!
It's a shallowish tank at only 16in height, but has a massive footprint at 4ft x 2ft. This is what I wanted really as I love my bottom feeders.
I currently have:
*numerous guppies - kind of inherited more than anything with other fish rehomes .... possibly a shoal of about 10 or so.
*7 black phantom tetra
*4 yellow phantoms
*2 red phantoms
*1 x 4-5in featherfin syno
*3 x 3-5in clown loaches
*3 x 4in zebra loaches
*3 x 5in bristlenoses (one long-fin - so don't want fin-nippers!)
*2 x 2-4in BNs
*1 x 4in rainbow shark
*1 x 4in flying fox (I know this shouldn't work with sharky but they are actually fine together)
I'm thinking of selling most of the guppies because frankly they keep breeding and inevitably some always survive (or I cave and save some) and I can't keep having more!!
I understand that my shark, clown loaches, BNs and syno will all grow a lot bigger before they reach adult size so I don't want to overstock the tank so that I have to rehome at a later date.
What else could I get that would be compatible for my current lot?
The setup consists of about 7 BIG bits of bogwood for hidey holes, lots of live plants and a sand substrate so I've really set this up with my bottom feeders in mind.
I really like loaches a lot and catfish so have been looking at kuhli loaches and considering expanding my clown loach shoal to about 6 or 7 as I know they are much happier in groups. I don't know whether zebra loaches would like friends too but with their small adult size I don't want them to be a target for my syno when he matures.
My shark actually seems to disregard the loaches - he will only ever scatter the tetra or occasionally steal a hidey hole from the flying fox so I think they're a safe bet for him.
I won't be adding anything for a little while but I do like to plan
It's a shallowish tank at only 16in height, but has a massive footprint at 4ft x 2ft. This is what I wanted really as I love my bottom feeders.
I currently have:
*numerous guppies - kind of inherited more than anything with other fish rehomes .... possibly a shoal of about 10 or so.
*7 black phantom tetra
*4 yellow phantoms
*2 red phantoms
*1 x 4-5in featherfin syno
*3 x 3-5in clown loaches
*3 x 4in zebra loaches
*3 x 5in bristlenoses (one long-fin - so don't want fin-nippers!)
*2 x 2-4in BNs
*1 x 4in rainbow shark
*1 x 4in flying fox (I know this shouldn't work with sharky but they are actually fine together)
I'm thinking of selling most of the guppies because frankly they keep breeding and inevitably some always survive (or I cave and save some) and I can't keep having more!!
I understand that my shark, clown loaches, BNs and syno will all grow a lot bigger before they reach adult size so I don't want to overstock the tank so that I have to rehome at a later date.
What else could I get that would be compatible for my current lot?
The setup consists of about 7 BIG bits of bogwood for hidey holes, lots of live plants and a sand substrate so I've really set this up with my bottom feeders in mind.
I really like loaches a lot and catfish so have been looking at kuhli loaches and considering expanding my clown loach shoal to about 6 or 7 as I know they are much happier in groups. I don't know whether zebra loaches would like friends too but with their small adult size I don't want them to be a target for my syno when he matures.
My shark actually seems to disregard the loaches - he will only ever scatter the tetra or occasionally steal a hidey hole from the flying fox so I think they're a safe bet for him.
I won't be adding anything for a little while but I do like to plan







