What Will Get These Kribs Breeding?

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
6,754
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
BARRY,s.wales
been in the tank for over a week now, and the female keeps disapearing and i hope she is in the cave with eggs then she appears again!! ( no im not very patient am i :lol:)


also

this aqua 320 is still empty, i think it was 28 litres, what can i do with it?? i have set it up,looks fab but no fish,andi have a spare should the kribs decide to get jiggy :)


thankyou in adavnce

shelagh xxxx
 
Well 28 litres is only 6 gallons, so the only thing you can logically keep in it would be either 3or 4 guppies or endlers, or a Betta.

Are you conditioning the Kribs with bloodworms, and other live foods? Perhaps provide a few more choices of breeding caves maybe? Let them pick their own love nest :P
 
I guess it's frustrating when some people get a pair and they breed after a couple of days :lol: I only bought a pair because all the research suggested it ( I am not interested in purposely breeding any of my fish, no time or space ) . Turns out mine were both female once mature and they hate eachother. I've had to separate them .
 
I too bought a pair that both turned out female, it was a nightmare! Then I bought a male and removed one of the females... and the pair went straight into a cave! Now I have lots of baby kribs :S Sold the pair yesterday cos I had to separate them to stop them breeding!
Shelagh, is your male krib obviously bigger than the female? Females are very picky and only want a big partner! If he is small then she is probably ignoring him :P And yeah, lots and lots of caves will be good for them. Though she may have a;lready laid her eggs, and just not have learnt to defend them yet. Take a quick peek!
 
hehe your so impaitent girl :lol:

as stated add lots of small terracotta pots etc and let them get on with it,,,,,
a good large water change sometimes stimulates them for breeding,
 
if you cant tell male from female either you don't have a pair or the male is very immature
 
i know i dont have much patience :lol: yes there are lots of slate caves in there and tonnes of plants, and the male is huge compared to the female, i have been feeding bloodworm, tho they wernt keen to eat it the first time, they enjoy it now :) have alse tried water changes with cold water to give `em a budge, so i guess its all ok and ill just have to wait
thankyou xxxx
 

Most reactions

Back
Top