What Way Do U Research Fish?

BY:

  • Book

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • internet (websites)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LFS staff

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Common sence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Family Member

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magazine

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TFF

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (!state below!)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

JohnRossDele

Fish Herder
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Co.Down Ireland
Hi all, i wanna see how all of ya's get info on fish i personally use aqualand pets plus (check it out, very good website!)

Thanks
PS dont forget to state below why you choose that method
 
Not trying to be awkward but could you perhaps make it multiple choice? :)
Cause I do more than one of the above
 
I voted:
Internet - Normally google the type of fish/thing I want info about and then read the top 4/5 results. Never just read one as you then wont know if what you are reading is likely to be accurate info.
TFF - You can't really improve much on learning from others experience/mistakes
Common Sense - There are certain things that really should just be obvious if you put a bit of thought into it.
 
I usually start with on-line sites like fishbase.org and then contact specialists in places like Planetcatfish, Applesnail.net or American livebearer Association. When I have questions it is rare that I can get the right answers in a general purpose forum like this one. I already have much of the common knowledge about typical aquariums so I am looking for much more specific information. I love this place but often the extreme detail is missing here. It is better here than most other general purpose forums though. The true experts in narrow fields hang out in places where their knowledge can be the difference between success and failure with the rarer fish that I try to keep.
 
LFS because the guy that runs it knows everything there is to know. Too bad he doesn't take care of the fish in the shop.
 
I look on here first, to check its correct, cross reference it with the net, and then scoure my pfk mag to find anyother info :)
 
I usually look on as many internet sites as possible.
 
I chose books, internet and TFF. Between the 3, I rarely don't find the answer. :good:
 
I use a few different ways, but particularly the net. I check loadsa sites, and see which information corresponds to each other
TFF is the best way of hearin other ppls experiences with certain species
 
fishbase.org is an amazing site if your intrested in fish species.
and the rest is in my head, same that with dyslexia i had to get back out again!
 
I use internet mainly this website but I make sure to use as many websites as possible to get correct info and of course common sense. :fun:
 
Books, here and internet. The books I have aren't the greatest but give a good overview of most common fish. On here the fish profiles and being able to look so many threads is very useful. The internet allows me to cross reference information although you always need to check whose written internet articles as they can be just plain wrong.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top