What Watt Light For My Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

black molly3

Fish Herder
Reaction score
today i done some reserch on a devils hand coral and it said that they are easy to maintain and that the light you need is moderate to high. now my green star polyps also said that they need moderate to high lighting and they are doing fine so i went to my lfs to get a devils hand brought it home and it has been in my tank for about 3-4 hours and no zoos (flowery things) have came out to photo synthesise. now i got my dads 150 watt hillade and shone it in for about 10 mins and little things started opening up on it. now my quiestion is what wattage light would i need for my aqaua 320 (28 litter) tank for the devils hand to be ok. is there any offers on ebay. thanks

If you want to go with a 70 watt halide, that would probably work, otherwise look into a pair of 18watt or 23watt power compacts, depending on how long the tank is.

i have a 150 watt hillade but i dont understand how i could have it above my tank also it gets megga hot and realy burns you hand if you touch it.

Yeah, if you go with a halide you'll need fans to keep things cool. Mounting them will require a little DIY for sure. Common options are hanging from the ceiling with cables/chains, holding them off the wall if they're close enough with something like shelving brackets, or modifying a clip-on product.

i think ill just take the easy option and buy an aquarium 70 watt light.
thanks for all your help and if any of you come across an aquarium light on ebay about 10 inches long pm me or post the link on this post
thanks

Most reactions

Back