What up with my Cory?

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

I treated the tank with methylene blue for three days and havenā€™t seen the poorly guy at all for days. Did water change today and heā€™s nowhere to be seen. Have taken all ornaments and plants out and had a look through the sand and canā€™t find him anywhere. Expect him to be dead but will the other fish have eaten his remains?

Fish will definitely eat other dead fish - nature abhors waste, and why should they turn down a free meal when it could be the difference between life and death in the wild? So while it might seem harsh to human eyes, it's not so strange when you see it from their perspective.

On the other hand, fish tend to be brilliant at hiding as well... I've been convinced I must have lost a fish on a few occasions, hunted everywhere, only for them to appear later, so make sure you look thoroughly a few times before writing him off!

I hope you find him! Did you check all the plants and decoration when you took them out?

Also depending on the unit he might be stuck in the filter or something šŸ¤£

Heā€™s still nowhere to be seen. Checked the filter and have taken all the plants and ornaments out and looked through them. Can only assume he has died and been eaten. Just canā€™t believe there are no bones or anything in the tank!

Heā€™s still nowhere to be seen. Checked the filter and have taken all the plants and ornaments out and looked through them. Can only assume he has died and been eaten. Just canā€™t believe there are no bones or anything in the tank!
Oh that's a shame. He might still turn up!

Most reactions

Back