What Type Of Fish?

fishiesrock

New Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a 2.5 gallon tank with two mosquito fish and a one inch algae eater. I would like another species of fish (one fish of that species). I don't have a heater. What fish should I get?
 
What kind of mosquito fish do you have? Both Heterandria formosa and Gambusia affinis are called mosquito fish in the US. If you have Gambusia, you already have too many fish. If you have Heterandria, you could allow them to breed in that tiny tank but there is not much you could put with them.
 
Gambusia's are also nasty fish and not must would tolerate them.

thats if you had the extra room of course. As full already
 
'a 1" algae eater' - what type? if it is not an otocinclus it is not suitable and IMO even an oto requires more space.
 
'a 1" algae eater' - what type? if it is not an otocinclus it is not suitable and IMO even an oto requires more space.

Yeah, I was gonna say that I would not put an otto in that tank. You could rehome what you have now and get a betta. That would be my advise.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top