What type of fish do I have?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cristina102123

Reaction score
I just got this fish after my Ornate Bichir passing away a month ago. They told me it is a saddled bichir but I was wondering why it has like antennas. Was wondering if that is just because of the type of bichir it is or is it mixed with something else?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 2.52.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 2.52.11 PM.png
    75 KB · Views: 657
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 2.52.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 2.52.42 PM.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 92
No clue, but my my, that is a super cool fish! How much space is that guy going to have?

Hello and welcome to the forum :fish: :hi: :fish:That is a cool looking fish, could you post some pictures of your tank and some more of the fish?

I just got this fish after my Ornate Bichir passing away a month ago. They told me it is a saddled bichir but I was wondering why it has like antennas. Was wondering if that is just because of the type of bichir it is or is it mixed with something else?
That is a interesting creature. I don’t know anything about Bichir but to me it looks kinda like a axelot.

That is one crazy fish! I have no clue what it is, but it's definitely cool!

Baby and juvenile bichirs have these external gills. They will go away as the fish matures.

That said, being its young, it may be hard to tell exactly what species of bichir it is

Baby and juvenile bichirs have these external gills. They will go away as the fish matures.

That said, being its young, it may be hard to tell exactly what species of bichir it is
Thank you, I had an ornate bichir but it was not a juvenile when I bought it so I didn't even know it had external gills.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back