What to put in this tank

I concur on no angle fish.

What is your water hardness? We really need to know what it is, so we can suggest species. If we suggest species, and then you really like them, we will disappoint you when we say "no" to them, because they aren't compatible with your GH... ;)

Can you look it up online? Look up whatever city you’re in, and what the GH is.

Ahhhhhhhhhbbbbbbbsnjdjdjdjdk no! I want to figure out what species I like before I eliminate them if the water doesn’t match. @PheonixKingZ @Deanasue
I have pretty neutral water, 7.5 but guppies lasted about 6 months for me. My water was close to high end for guppies. Now, my cories and tetras do great in it. You know good and well that you need that PH reading though. :)

It's GH - hardness - rather than pH that we need. I have pH 7.6 but hardness at 5 dH. I have soft water with high pH. If yours is the same, it explains why you have problems with hard water guppies but are fine with soft water cories and tetras.

It's GH - hardness - rather than pH that we need. I have pH 7.6 but hardness at 5 dH. I have soft water with high pH. If yours is the same, it explains why you have problems with hard water guppies but are fine with soft water cories and tetras.
Wish I had stayed awake in Chemistry classes...or was it that super hot dude with the long hair that sat next to me???

Last edited:
Nearly everything I know about hardness comes from Byron (why hardness is important) and my younger son who used to work for a water testing company (what hardness is) :)

I studied chemistry and used the qualification to work in a hospital lab. So it did have day to day relevance for me :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back