What To Do With A Spare 65l

tenohfive

Always room for one more tank...
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
2,229
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
Beds, UK
I've recently had a clear out of the garage, and along with the coldwater tank thats in there I'm thinking about setting up a spare 65L tank. For once I can put whatever I want in there, as SWMBO never goes in there - its just something for me, and possibly a step towards setting it up as some sort of fish room.

I'm after ideas of what to put in there. Not a community tank, something different but preferably not extortionately priced or especially finicky about water changes (as 30% weekly with overfiltration will be as good as it gets.)

Live in a fairly hard water area if that makes a difference.

Any ideas folks? I've currently got a CA cichlid tank and a normal community tank indoors, so I'm after something either unusual or just something I've not kept before.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Chris

ETA:

As its in a garage and I can't be bothered with T5 etc, tank will be either no planting or artificial plants only.
 
Pass on the betta and gourami, kept both, liked both, would like something different.

Puffers was always going to be an option, and if I don't come across anything else thats probably what I'll fall back on.
 
My spare 60 litre is home to Baby and not so baby Apple snails. No lighting, just a small fluval filter and believe it or not no heater. It's in the kitchen, but will be looking out for either lighting or heater soon. Back to one income again, I may be reduced to a candle. Altogether now. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh
 
You don't need T5 lighting to have a planted tank. There have been some very successful planted tanks that use T8's. If you choose plants that need only relatively low lighting you would come up with a lovely home to the D.puffs.
 
You don't need T5 lighting to have a planted tank. There have been some very successful planted tanks that use T8's. If you choose plants that need only relatively low lighting you would come up with a lovely home to the D.puffs.

Long story short I'm not going for any form of lighting. Partly to save on electricity, mostly for convenience.
 
Fish which will flourish in dim lighting will be ideal.

You'll find that alot of fish are perfectly happy in dark conditions. Lighting in tanks is for two purposes - so we can see our fish, and in some cases to assist with plant growth.
 
Bump...any other thoughts?

Have thought about getting some silk plants and going with either Ornate Ctenopoma or Badis Badis (a single or pair respectively) - has anyone got any experience of these, or any other ideas?

So far its either DP's, shell dwellers or one of the two above, unless anyones got any other ideas?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top