What to do with $100 Dollars

SilverDollar_03

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey, I currently have a 55 Gallon community tropical tank. I just finished cycling it and have 4 silver dollars (2") in it now. The levels in the tank are ammonia 0, Nitrite 0.5, and Nitrate 7. I want to put 3 swordtails, 5 corys, 1 redtailed black shark in later on too. I was wondering if i should buy another filter, because i have a 60 gallon filter on the tank right now, and some people have said thats not enough filtration. Should I maybe get a 30 Gallon filter also? just so the fish are extra happy? give me some advice please!

i think the 300 refers to the gallons per hour the hour the filter will turnover. so for an aquaclear300... 300 gallons of water would have passed through the filter. i think for aquaclears it is adjustable, so you can reduce the flow rate.

i think thats right... but feel free to correct if im not :)

ok, that is what i would have guessed. but thanks for confirming it! ok, any other opinions on what filter to get. remember, i already have a topfin60. oh, and what about biowheel filters, what are they all about??

if you go with the aquaclear 300 there is already a form of biological filtration included in the filter so there would be no need for a form of a biowheel. correct me anybody if i am wrong

hmmm....im not sure if i want to get a biowheel. is oxygen in the tank very imprtant? well, im sure it is, but is the average 7ppm not sufficient for fish? should i get a biowheel or a aqauclear 300?

Most reactions

trending

Back