What To Do When You Loose Co2

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Zikofski

Chatroom Moderator
Chatroom Moderator
Reaction score
okay i have a question, i have a high light high tech setup, but i have lost my co2 and will be without it for a week,

do i stop dosing fert's?
and turn of the lights for the week? to prevent algae, or will this kill off my plants too?

i do have some algae in the tank that i would like to get rid of, and if turning of the lights completely for a week will kill it of and not the plants i am 100% up for that haha
biggrin.png

i am still doing my weekly water change before lights on

the earliest i will get my co2 back will be, Friday, and i lost it sometime last week i presume around monday/tuesday as that day i had filter problems

DIY is rubbish compared to FE CO2. There's no control on it.

Anyway I'd check your regs not leaking or somethings clearly leaking badly.

Like I said mate about the dropping lighting period, I have a spare cylinder you could borrow if needs are bad.

haha yes
smile.png
, i have changed photo period down to 2 hours, no ferts and i did a water change today scraped as much algae of the wood and glass, il leave the leafs for the week and get them off next week
biggrin.png

yes i know where the leak was, the connector of the regulator connected to the FE, that connector screws into the back of the main body of the regulator and that came loose so it was fully connected to the FE but not fully the the main body of the regulator, i may have nudged it that made it came loose as i did my last water change. more things to learn and remember to do after a water change
biggrin.png
haha

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back