What To Be?

M.R Otter

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello Fellas;

I was wondering if someone could help me with my future Job..... I know I'm sopposed to ask my family or friends this quistoin, but they allways make fun of me and telling jokes about me :blush: what should I become?

A Zoologist?
or a conservationest?
all what I have to do is to finish college. TWO YEARS LEFT IN HIGH SCHOOL (YAY!!!)
or any other job that encludes animals, but please NOT VETERNARIAN!!!!

ok, men can be nurses too :|

dunno lol - but i wouldnt want to be a conservationist :|

i wouldnt want to be out there trying to save the endangered, cause if i failed i would hate myself for it :(

zoologist just sounds like someone who would study the zoo, and i love some of the animals in the zoo, like your giraffe etc

Do you have a local Animal rescue organisation you could apply to. Here is the UK it's known as the RSPCA, start as a volunteer.

hehe, than a zoologist it is!! but does the zoologist get's a good cash? I want to build my own home where I won't be able to get complains from niebours saying "your bird is very noisy, can you shut him up?". The cockatoos are the ones that are getting noisy :blush:

unfortunately, i don't know. that you would have to research yourself (and find out exactly what zoologist do) so you know its what you want to do

i'm going to be volunteering for cats protection here as i adore cats :wub:

its all up to you :D

If it's big bucks you want then accountant, lawyer, politician, bank manager etc are where the money is.

A zoologist will be paid fairly but not a huge ammount.

Have you thought about your future education? You say 2 years left in high school - what about university? Are you prepared to study for another 3-6 years for a good career?

Also check what jobs are available, you dont want to study in something and then find theres not much work , my Girlfriend got a first in Child Care degree and is struggling for work , my mate got a degree in history and did teaching but cant find jobs:( always worth checking before making an comitmant.

ok you know steve irwin and jeff corwin? the things they did on tv, ecxept u wont be doing it on tv.
i am a sophmore in highschool and i want to be a... VET tech. they make (to me) a decent amount of $ and that way i can build a house far away from people and have all the ******* animals i want!
im getting snakes, an avairy or two, and you guessed it, fish tanks. im also gonna gets me some peacocks :fun: ( i like the feathers) and ducks...I LOVE DUCKS :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: + dogs

my uncles brother charges 5000$ to spay/neuter a guinea pig!

ill be specializing in birds and reptiles and maybe fish if thats possible.

but what i dont get is why i have to be studying european history if im gonna be a vet.("hmmm..this tumor looks an awful lot like brunnelschi's dome.")

btw where i live vets tend to make 125,000$ yearly and that was DURING the reccession. and ill be going to UCdavis

btw how are your finches doing? neighbor still bothering you?

If it's $$$ your after then stay away from animal's,unless you invest in a winning arabian horse :lol:
Vetinarian is probally the most paid of the bunch, you will find people involved in animal's do it for love more than money,

im studying law and criminology at the moment in hope of becoming a lawyer or maybe a barrister, when i make it i will be getting a lot of money! watch this space for a fish tank the size of a house lol

Most reactions

Back