3 red eye tetra
2 bleeding heart tetra
3 Silver tip tetra
1 albino catfish
1 sword tail
they were just in a 10gal for one day
should i move them to a 20gal
died 2 days ago

Tell me how you do it, all bags say different things. Also click on my name, pic of 75 should come up, for more detail pics I will have to take them or find disc

move oturments and plants around
took the hood off
put the bags in
let the bags sit for 35 min
cut the bag
let the fish swim out
fish swim out
move the bag
feed them

Never add water from the pet shop to your tank.

Also, while sitting in the bag in water, you should add a cup of waterr from your tank, to better acclimate the fish.

metfan581 said:
what do you mean english please and details
What do you mean english please?

This is how I acclimate my fish.

1. Wipe of plastic bag to make sure no dust or anything else is on it from the store.
2. Open bag (dont let any water or fish out) Place in tank.
3. Let bag sit for 15 minutes in the water.
4. Add a cup of tank water to the bag. repeat 3 more times waiting 10 minutes b4 each addition of water.
5. Thats about 45 min.
6.Get a small net, remove fish from bag and add to a tank. (DO NOT ADD ANY WATER FROM BAG TO THE TANK!)
7. Empty water in sink or toliet.

Of course this is just what I do, there are many ways. However, the way you do it is not sufficient.

thank you please see my other topics to help me out more if u could thanks i would really appreciate it

:blink:
ok you said not to add ANY water from the pet shop tank, so when you net your fish out of their bag and then put the fella in your tank, your still transferring water with the net!!!!! :whistle:

ah well, you're supposed to get a tiny towel and dry the fish and net before you add them to your tank. :rolleyes:

the world will not end if you add lfs water to your tank. trust me.

Talisman said:
ok you said not to add ANY water from the pet shop tank, so when you net your fish out of their bag and then put the fella in your tank, your still transferring water with the net!!!!! :whistle:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back