What The Heck?!?!?!?!?!?!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

3fsh

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Please look in the member's aquarium and fish pictures section! I need help identifying these things!

I placed an answer there but i will do the same here also.

They are bristle worms. Nothing to worry about. Some people hate them but they are harmless. (well the sort you have are anyway)

Thanx for the id! Just one question... will these things harm my picasso trigger? (He sleeps inside the largest rock at night.) If not, then I could care less if they are living in my rocks. They're kinda cool anyway. :D

Nah if anything they will be lunch for him!

I have only witnessed 1 occasion where a large fsh was damaged by a bristle worm. A large lion took a bite at a very long bristelworm and unfortunately the worm got wrapped around the lions face. The resulting stings fromthe worm blinded the lionfish and from that day forth it was in a world of darkness :*)

However this is anisolated case and in the manyyears i have been keeping marines i have never seen anything else like this.

There isnt much out there that will harm a trigger beleive me.

(Well perhaps a moray or a Mantis Shrimps ;) )

Navarre said:
I placed an answer there but i will do the same here also.

They are bristle worms. Nothing to worry about. Some people hate them but they are harmless. (well the sort you have are anyway)
And some people pay good money to get these guys in their tanks. They are great detrivores and help keep your sandbed nice and clean. They can get pretty big, thats when its time to get rid of em!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back