What The Heck Was It Doing?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Amunet

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
We just finished moving in to our new home today, and I've decided to temporarily keep the golden panchax that was in the 29gal in the empty 10gal we have b/c it seemed to be harassing the bolivian ram.
I'm not exactly sure if that is what it was doing though, if it was being aggressive or what?
Didn't have a problem at first, both fish lived happily together then all of a sudden, one day the ram started to act very stressed out and started to hide.
Whenever the ram is out, the killifish automatically goes to it. Doesn't try to nip, just sorta swims beside it and stares at it, but I guess this is enough to freak out the ram *shrug* The ram will zoom off and the killifish is right behind it.

So what exactly is aggressive behaviour b/c I dunno.. I'm not sure if it was or not? I mean, obviously the ram didn't care for it too much which is why the killi is in a new home atm :p

If I have to keep the killi in the 10gal... what other fish could I add with it. Suggestions would be great (no platy or molly though :p)

Just keep the killifish in the tank
nothing else.
Regards
BigC

it was probably trying to school with it, get a few more panchax

it was probably trying to school with it, get a few more panchax

Heh I dunno about that.
I have seen this fish be sorta aggressive towards the rasbora that were in the tank w/ it. Chasing them away. Hard to explain, but you could tell it was aggressive chasing.
I didn't exactly get that same vibe from when it was messing w/ the ram, but I really wasn't sure. He never messed with the other fish in the tank though, the 2 platy, the bn pleco, cories, or the bumblebee goby *shrugs* Who knows what his fishy mind was doing.

So anywho, looks like the fish will call the 10gal its new home, which sucks b/c I wanted to get some other fish for it... well guess now that it's out of the big tank, I could always just add a few more to that one :good: heh
Oh well, Mister Mean Killi seems to be doing ok in his home so far. He seems to like looking out of the window :blink: The tank is situated in between 2 windows and he's definitely been looking out of them which I think it pretty darn cute heh. :wub:

Do you think the killifish would be ok with ghost shrimp? Or would it try to make them dinner. How about a big snail? There are little ones in the tank already that he doesn't seem to notice so thinking it might be ok?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back