What Tank To Buy

Just for the record 10l of seachem prime would do 400l of tank water....

Well it came with the tank so I can't complain! :p I shall remember that for the future though.

I think you mean 10ml though :X

Have you sorted the barb problem out and what not then? :)

I think I do mean 10ml don't I... :lol:

And sort of. He's in solitary confinement in my 27l for a couple of days till I can find someone who already has some. He's only 4cm long so temporarily he's happy enough in there and the black widow really needed a break to grow back it's fins.

good good :)

30L in, washed out filter and the sponges now for the rest of the water!

You know people say you don't really need to replace the sponges in the filter at all (foam pads + poly/carbon cartridge) do you need to replace the 'biomax' every 2 weeks like it says?

edit: oops sorry it says 1/2 the biomax everything 5-6 months. I meant the sponges but they just need a rinse with conditioned water every now and again yeah?

I couldn't get any filter floss either, the LFS I went to didn't have it :huh: the other one was closed.

Pump'll be fine if the sand has settled for now though?

Should be fine yes :)

And NOTHING needs changing until it's falling apart. When your filter slows down swish it in some tank water when you're doing a water change. :)

Should be fine yes :)

And NOTHING needs changing until it's falling apart. When your filter slows down swish it in some tank water when you're doing a water change. :)

:hyper: It looks so awesome, I've only got sand in there :lol:

What time do you set your bulbs to go on and off? and best temp for cycling?

thank you so much for being helpful! :)

I won't have any more questions (for a couple of hours :X )

30C is the best temp for cycling cause it speeds up the bacteria.
And you should probably not have the bulbs on whilst fishless cycling. Free ammonia + light = algae.
But once you get going I would suggest starting with 6 hours and seeing how that suits you. I try to have mine on around 6-8 hours, but often I just turn them off when my plants close up.

30C is the best temp for cycling cause it speeds up the bacteria.
And you should probably not have the bulbs on whilst fishless cycling. Free ammonia + light = algae.
But once you get going I would suggest starting with 6 hours and seeing how that suits you. I try to have mine on around 6-8 hours, but often I just turn them off when my plants close up.

don't the plants need the bulbs too (when i plant them which hopefully will be soonish..)?

I'll probably set it for 9-3 maybe 10-4..

oh and heres a pic :)

CIMG3216.jpg

I might rid of the mirror, it doesn't normally get to much light over there but it will increase light quite a bit i imagine. I have the tank on.

The pumps on setting B which is the length of the filter rather than 1 of the holes too

I would avoid planting it at all till you've cycled. The varying water stats can easily kill plants. But you are right, you would need the lights on if you're planting.

I would avoid planting it at all till you've cycled. The varying water stats can easily kill plants. But you are right, you would need the lights on if you're planting.

Really? I thought it'd be ok but doesn't surprise me.

theres no real good suppliers of plants around here, they just have a few glass boxes with tiny plants in and no names :grr:

Well if you don't have plants in a fishless cycle then you can literally set it going and forget about it (so to speak). You can even sticky tape some black bin bags around the outside to stop any light getting in. After a month or two you'll have a cycled tank in 100% pristine condition.

Also plantwise, check out the plant section of the forum. There is a good sticky on where to buy plants from in the UK.
I personally get all of mine online. Either from here, ebay or a couple of good online retailers (all listed in the stickied thread).

:D

Well if you don't have plants in a fishless cycle then you can literally set it going and forget about it (so to speak). You can even sticky tape some black bin bags around the outside to stop any light getting in. After a month or two you'll have a cycled tank in 100% pristine condition.

Also plantwise, check out the plant section of the forum. There is a good sticky on where to buy plants from in the UK.
I personally get all of mine online. Either from here, ebay or a couple of good online retailers (all listed in the stickied thread).

:D

oh right, good good, I did print some lists off :good: I shall check that out again, if I remember correctly there wasn't mentioned stores around where I am :crazy:

It'll be crazy when I've finished cycling, trying to plant things everywhere and put fish in as well :lol:

My brother said he feeds some of his fish out of his hand which is interesting! oh and my brother did a fish in cycle thats why I hassle all of you :X

My brother said he feeds some of his fish out of his hand which is interesting! oh and my brother did a fish in cycle thats why I hassle all of you :X
It's okay, when I get around to setting up my Roma 125 from scratch after the upgrade, I'll be doing a fish-less cycle for the first time....when that happens I'll be pestering you for advice based on your experiences
wahey.gif

It's okay, when I get around to setting up my Roma 125 from scratch after the upgrade, I'll be doing a fish-less cycle for the first time....when that happens I'll be pestering you for advice based on your experiences
wahey.gif

:lol:

I shall be happy to, I've just got to learn it all first!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back