what size tank?

Doby_the_Dojo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I wuz just wondering what the minimum size tank i'd need for these fish (not together) and how many I could keep together.
-firemouth cichlids
-rams
-golden julies
-angel fish
these are all fish that I've seen and am interested in purchasing, but I don't want to cram any one of them into an itsy bitsy tank!

What are golden julies? Can you give the scientific name?

You use the plural with firemouths, how many do you mean? How many of each fish are we talking. Looks to be at least a 90g so far if not more depending how many fm's and angels.

I would be a bit apprehensive about firemouths and angels. I've seen it not work out a few times and especially if one or the other breed.

1) Golden Julie - Judlidochromis ornatus
2)i don't want to put these fish together, i was just wondering the minimum tank size for each as a seperate fish on its own, sry i can't explain it better, and i'd probably only keep a pair except for the rams and angels (maybe) i was just deciding on what kind of fish i want

Well the angels Id put 2 in a 29g or larger. Some keep them in a 20g for breeding purposes but I feel this is too small. Thats just my opinion though. A pair of julies would fit well in a 20.

i don't want to put these fish together, i was just wondering the minimum tank size for each as a seperate fish on its own, sry i can't explain it better

No, it's ok. You said not together but you didn't mentioned " and how many I could keep together." so I wasn't sure which you were going to keep together or not.

The fm's for a pair, would need a minimum of a 55g or a 40 breeder.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back