What Size Powerhead?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rob5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 100cm x 47cm x 61cm 200 litre fairly heavily planted tank.
I am running a Eheim 2073, 1050 litres an hour external filter and a Eheim 2012 pickup, 220 litres an hour internal filter.
I have 10 neon tetras, 10 harlequins, 10 cherry barbs, 8 panda corys and 2 suckermouth catfish in the tank
I want to add a power head, maybe a Koralia wavemaker, to improve the water flow and movement in the tank.
Can anyone advise me on what size powerhead i would need in my tank so as to not damage the plants or upset the fish?

Rob

Thanks for that, i can invest in the right one now

Rob,
I have a tank of simular dimensions (240 ltr) with trickle filter @ 1000 ltrs p/h and a 1500 ltr wave maker and was thinking of adding an additional internal filter.

Just had a google of the Eheim 2012 and it may well suit my needs,could you please tell me what you think of this filter and if it is noisey in any way,noise factor is important as the tank sits right next to a chair in the lounge room and does it look big in the tank you have.

Thanks mate.

cartandpeg

I would highly recommend the Eheim 2012 .

It doesnt actually look too big in my tank and you will not be able to hear it running as it is completely silent. I have been running mine for 10 months and i am still using the the original filter sponge that came with it.
I always wash the filter out every two weeks just as a routine, it has never blocked yet.
I will change the filter sponge when it starts to lose its shape, at the moment it still looks perfect.

What make is your wave maker?

Rob

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back