What Should I Get?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AstonN24vantage

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi all. Don't tell my mom (lol you don't know her anyway), but i want to get her a betta for mothers day. i don't really know what kind i should get, but i like the full tail and in red. i have no experience with bettas, but i hear that they're fairly easy to care for. what would you reccommend?

halfmoon plakat are easy to keep as they dont damage fins easy, halfmoos have bigger longer fins so can easy damage them, and crowntails (my Choice) need a bit of looking after or fins can get ragged hope that helps :nod:

well its probably going to be about 5g with only a betta, so im not concerned about fin damage.

how much do they go for on average btw? thanks for the reply!

Bettas are very inexpensive, and hearty. They don't need a large tank but to be healthy, happy, and entertaining they need some sort of retreat on the top of tank(like a fake plant w/o sharp pieces like silk leaves) about 78 degrees, and a filter with a slow current.
hope that helps!

Depends on what breed of Beta your after, If you go too a LFS you can pick one up for only a few quid, but its just a common one, When you start looking Halfmoon and Crowntail and so on then they will get alot more expensive. Have a quick look on ebay mate, Not going to break the bank though ;)

Keep us posted with updates.

i just want a betta with a full tail and vivid (red) colors that's easy to care for.

So A Veil Tail or Halfmoon Is more of what you are wanting I see a lot of them in petsmarts/petcos/lfs in red (full body red not to much in mixed colors)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back