What Next?

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I am due a shopping spree :D

What fish would go nice with my community [see below]?
 
You have alot of bottom dwellers you need some mid water fish.
Maybe a shoal of tetra's.
 
You have alot of bottom dwellers you need some mid water fish.

Cheers sherlock ;) any thoughts on that?

My plecs are tiny, all of them, infact none of my bottom dwellers are over 2"

But yeah I would prefer some mid-top dwellers.
 
To be honest I think you have to many bottom dwellers, and plecs are massive waste producers.
Are the female betta's nippy.
 
To be honest I think you have to many bottom dwellers, and plecs are massive waste producers.
Are the female betta's nippy.

No they are good girls, except they do eat expensive shrimp :sly:

Honestly, I promise you the footprint is big enough for the plecs, they are tiny, I only have 3 panda cories and 3 loaches that are thinner than a cotton bud [not cos they are starved you understand lol]

I don't fancy tetras though, I've had so many different kinds, I might like to have some lampeyes tetra if I can find any, they'd go nice with the galaxies. But any other thoughts are still welcome.

rainbow fish??

One of my thoughts was dwarf neons, it's a fish I've never kept and was wondering how they would do in my tank, have you kept them before holly?
 
Congo tetra are beautiful but heard they can be nippy.
 
[/quote]

One of my thoughts was dwarf neons, it's a fish I've never kept and was wondering how they would do in my tank, have you kept them before holly?
[/quote]

no but I'm contemplating them as a replacement for the danios I had in my male betta's community tank, they are of similar size and temperment so I've read....and pretty under lights :)
They're meant to be non aggressive shoalers.....I forget the ratio they are meant to be kept in male to female.....males hane red fins i think it is and female are yellow, think that's the right way around!
 
Congo tetra are beautiful but heard they can be nippy.

Actually I had 5 of these before, they were amazingly hardy, co-existed fine with the female bettas and very sweet fish indeed, I only sold them because I was going through a female betta fetish and at the time only had a 25 gallon and wanted the space. I had 2 males and 3 females and they were proper telly addicts!!

I might get some more. With some rainbows as Holly suggested.

ALTHOUGH STILL OPEN FOR IDEAS ;)
 
I addded Rainbows to my tank and was amazed at how beautiful they look. They look much prettier and develop more color once leaving the LFS.
 
I addded Rainbows to my tank and was amazed at how beautiful they look. They look much prettier and develop more color once leaving the LFS.

Thanks hun sounds good to me - were they the dwarf ones?
 
No. I bought 2 Marci and 3 Iranian. Looking to add a few more. They shoal with my Tinfoil barbs right now :huh:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top